• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Transmission Shop Recommendation?

edzackley

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
Super Colossal Mall Security
246   0
Reaction score
Looking for a transmission shop that you have used or would recommend in the east Gwinnett / Loganville area.

Looking for someone honest, and willing to take the time needed to properly diagnose - for which I am willing to pay. I believe good work takes time, and time costs money. In my experience, free diagnosis is usually worth what you pay for it - nothing. Not looking for someone that only knows how to replace, without verifying first that that is the genuine need.

I do most of my own mechanical maintenance, but I don't have the tools or time to mess with a transmission.

Any members here own / work at a good one?

If you are going to keep the vehicle. Have a deep pan with extra capacity installed along with an extra external transmission cooler.

When you get right down to it, it's heat that kills a transmission. I ended up replacing mine every 4-5 years before figuring it out.

I understand it has an issue right now. But I'd bet the root cause is heat related.

If you are going to keep the vehicle. Have a deep pan with extra capacity installed along with an extra external transmission cooler.

When you get right down to it, it's heat that kills a transmission. I ended up replacing mine every 4-5 years before figuring it out.

I understand it has an issue right now. But I'd bet the root cause is heat related.

Good suggestion - I'd be willing to look at the $ to do that in addition to whatever repairs are needed.

Had my 2500 suburbans transmission (4L80E) rebuilt by Aamco over on 41 just south of dobbins last year. They have a tech there that does nothing but these chevy HD transmissions. They took care of it in about 5 days, no complaints. By the way, mine went out at 110,000mi - which is extremely low for a HD transmission that never tows... I guess we're just lucky.

Back
Top Bottom