• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trash and their dogs...

Dog posing any kind of threat or just a nuisance?

First time dog appeared out of nowhere growling and barking at me in my yard, it damn near died on the spot and would have if my wife didnt stop me.
This animal does not belong in a fenced off area, especially since I leave the back door open so my dogs can go in or out as they please. Which means I or my wife could possibly wake up to this dog in my house.

99% of dogs that behave like douche bags have a douche bag for an owner.

^this
I know its an owner problem more than the dog itself.

First time dog appeared out of nowhere growling and barking at me in my yard, it damn near died on the spot and would have if my wife didnt stop me.
This animal does not belong in a fenced off area, especially since I leave the back door open so my dogs can go in or out as they please. Which means I or my wife could possibly wake up to this dog in my house.
I know its an owner problem more than the dog itself.

I told a guy once at the dog park that he'd do well to control his animal (it was very aggressive towards people and biting other dogs) because if he did not, I would and I guaranteed him he would not like my control method. He took his dog and left.

Why did he call 911? We need details

Yes, please tell more of the story... How did the conversation start and how did it go? Where you armed? Did the LEO ever notice or question if you we carrying? Did anyone file a restraining order? Now that it's over, what would you have done differently? What did the LEO recommend you do next time?

You asked for it, get comfy grab a drink or go pee first........

He had already given my wife crap at her job earlier that day, because my smaller dog wasnt nice to him or his dog while they were both in my fenced in section.
(Lucky for him my rottie is a bit distracted cuz the little one is in heat. He's a wreck at the moment, all strung out its sad. Otherwise both dog and owner would have been very unhappy, my little one is in charge and he's the muscle so whatever she says goes and if she dont like you well.....)
Wife called me from work and told me what happened so on my way out I stopped to talk to him.
I was polite and he was a complete douche, my wife kinda pissed him off I guess for telling him he an his dog dont belong in my yard.

I am always armed.

His bad behavior is why he got to see my G21. It never came above waiste level, nor was it pointed in any direction other than down. Yes, in his driveway I drew my weapon.
After being told to get off his property and beginning to walk away he came up quickly behind me. I stopped and faced him, more of him screaming and telling me to leave while flailing his arms, picture a pissed off gorilla..(he's white let it go)Again I turn to leave take half a dozen steps and here he comes again. I turn around again, more yelling and arms flailing within arms reach of me if he leaned in and I drew as I stepped back. Again it was pointed down and never above my waiste, more of a back the hell up kinda thing. Fortunately it worked....
I was lazy and had it in my pocket since i didnt have a holster worthy belt on. Yes I pocket carry a G21 quite often...flame me later....
When he backed off it went back in my pocket and remained in my pocket until BCSO arrived. Thats when and why he called 911.
I waited patiently by my car for LEO. 2 houses across the street had people glued to the windows and storm doors watching the show.
As I saw the cruiser round the corner, I cleared my weapon and tossed it in the trunk and closed/locked the trunk. Deputy pulled up as I closed the trunk, i was on the phone with my wife so I showed the deputy both hands and closed the trunk i figured since it was a MWAG call that would be my best bet.
Douche starts screaming to the deputy about me "hiding" my gun in the trunk as he got out of the cruiser. I told him it was in the trunk empty and cleared, he said ok walked right by up to the house.

No paperwork on my end although it appeared he got a serious lecture.

LEO recommendation was to avoid him, call animal control if need be and have a nice day.

What I would have done differently, shoot the damn dog the first time.
Video is always helpful but walking up a driveway while filming seems like a bad idea. Audio would hve been a good idea but sound quality inside a pocket??? I'll try it later and see..

Back
Top Bottom