• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Travel by Vehicle through New England to Canada

You guys paint a bleak picture!

I generally am not too worried about the yankee states. No one will ever have any idea I have a firearm and if I have to use my gun to protect myself from thuggery, I would rather do that and suffer the consequences of the law rather than being robbed, beaten or killed. I've read the laws and penalties of the various states and think I'll take my chances. I won't be violating any law (other than laws that violate my constitutional rights) and will be just passing through until I arrive in Maine. Maine does offer reciprocity.

Realizing that having my vehicle searched at the border, I have no intention of trying to cross the border with my weapon.

At the recommendation from y'all I have checked into safe deposit boxes and noticed the banks in Maine seem to have rules against storing either firearms or explosives.

However I have located a storage facility for $29 in Bar Harbor that looks promising.

Thanks for the tip about vehicle insurance coverage in Canada. I had not considered that.

New York state COMPLETELY blocks you from arriving in Maine (as well as vermont, connecicut, new hampshire and rhode island) without your CCW making you a criminal in that state.. you will go to jail if you get pulled over and searched.

Let us know how it works out for you.

We have reciprocity with New Hampshire.

You guys paint a bleak picture!

I generally am not too worried about the yankee states. No one will ever have any idea I have a firearm and if I have to use my gun to protect myself from thuggery, I would rather do that and suffer the consequences of the law rather than being robbed, beaten or killed. I've read the laws and penalties of the various states and think I'll take my chances. I won't be violating any law (other than laws that violate my constitutional rights) and will be just passing through until I arrive in Maine. Maine does offer reciprocity.

If you get popped in an unfriendly state wether you use your weapon or not I guarantee you will be beaten, robbed and maybe killed while sitting in the can awaiting trial/sentencing or just doing your time after conviction.

take it to a gun shop for a cleaning near where you cross the border. pick it up on return. For the nea-sayers. If it came to it would you rather go to jail or the morgue.

take it to a gun shop for a cleaning near where you cross the border. pick it up on return. For the nea-sayers. If it came to it would you rather go to jail or the morgue.

Ever been to prison? Not county lock-up till your bailed out but prison because thats were you'll end up.
You cant drop off a pistol if you're not allowed to have it in the state. Pull a stupid move like that in NY/CT/NJ/MD/MA and you'll be there a few years.

i know someone who travels in their RV. They always have a firearm with them. Hide it in the RV and go about your business. The travel across the border into Canada and Alaska several times a year. Haven't had a problem yet.

Back
Top Bottom