• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Traveling Sales Vehicle

I bought a 2015 Rav 4 in 2018, coming off a lease, been very happy with it, gets about 28-29 mpg. comfortable riding, only expense has been brakes and tires in about 50k miles. I am retired so other than a couple trips to Illinois and one to Arkansas, all metro Atl driving. I would buy another. Wife has same year Honda CRV, and she gets slightly better gas milage, but I like my Toyota better.

Only thing I would add to the Rav4 is a bigger gas tank, full tank only gets you about 300 miles down the road, about 12 gallons, wish it held about 5 gallons more. Maybe later models do??

We went with Ford Maverick hybrids for some of our fleet. avg 43 mpg and I drive to N. Florida, Alabama, Ga and Tenn with an occasional S.C and N.C trip. Comfortable on trips and integrates well with smartphones. Throw a shell on the back if you really need a lot of storage. Best part is, if you need it you still have a truck bed to fall back on.

I ordered one 2 weeks ago, an xlt. I bought the hard roll up tonneau cover. Tax, tag, title and all options, out the door $31,472

^^^ This... And RAV 4 for the win.

I know 3 folks that have them and they all love them. One does about 60K miles a year in his and so far has only had to do regular maintenance. Plus Toyotas generally hold their value. It sounds like the perfect vehicle for the OP.

I ended up getting a 23 Ford Explorer XLT. I went to Orlando, Jacksonville and back getting 28mpg hwy. The 4cyl turbo has plenty of torque to not downshift on hills and still sips fuel. It fit me ergonomically the best by far, and is quite inside compared to the rest I drove, so I can talk business and actually listen to customers while driving. What sealed the deal was it’s RWD and I can tow my bay boat, they have .9% financing for previous year new vehicles, and they gave several grand off list.

I wanted a hybrid for fuel mileage, but since I drive for hours at a time it didn’t make sense. Hybrids also don’t have any kind of tow capacity even for a small boat. The imports in my range were very noisy inside with road and wind noise as well.

So far I’m very pleased with it, but I do miss my RAM. But I absolutely don’t miss the poor gas mileage. I had to make some compromises, and so far I think I made the best choice with what they offer and my actual needs and not wants.

I’ve offered my theory on “covid cars” before. I would be leery of purchasing any car manufactured between spring of 2020 through the spring of 2023 due to all the labor shortages and supply chain issues. That said, Toyota was probably the manufacturer with the best track record followed by Honda. Every company should be treated with healthy skepticism especially the domestics. If I was in the market (I’m an older Ram owner myself), I’d be hard pressed not to go with Toyota. Highlanders are very nice.

I’ve offered my theory on “covid cars” before. I would be leery of purchasing any car manufactured between spring of 2020 through the spring of 2023 due to all the labor shortages and supply chain issues. That said, Toyota was probably the manufacturer with the best track record followed by Honda. Every company should be treated with healthy skepticism especially the domestics. If I was in the market (I’m an older Ram owner myself), I’d be hard pressed not to go with Toyota. Highlanders are very nice.
I can definitely imagine a borderline computer chip getting pushed through due to demand. Time will tell. I have an extensive 36 month, 36k warranty. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom