• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Traveling Sales Vehicle

xlr8ngn

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
44   0
Reaction score
I have to get a new vehicle for my job. For compliance, it has to be 4 model years or newer, so I am going to buy a 2024. I drive 30-35k miles for work a year covering 5 states in the South, so AWD is not necessary. I'm looking at a hybrid, either a Camry or Highlander like vehicle. I prefer an SUV due to sitting higher and storage room, but lower gas mileage eats into my reimbursement. Any feedback on comfort, room, functionality (i-phone compatible) in the $35k range? I know my budget is limited, but I'm tired of coming out of pocket to drive my RAM.

I do tech Service around the southeast and we had to do the same thing. I went with a certified 2020 RAV4 with 19k from Cobb Co Toyota. 100k power train warranty. It is damn comfortable, tons of room and gets 32.4 mpg. I’m making out like a bandit with mileage on it. Make sure to get you a good rewards card for gas and maintenance.

I posted about this almost a year ago. It’s worth the read through.

RAV4 would be in that range. My 2015 gets 30+, newer ones / hybrid should be better.
RAV 4 would also be my first pick. My daughter got struck on passenger side and rolled multiple times before coming to a stop on its top. All 16 airbags deployed, according to the EMTs, and she walked away with a sore shoulder and stomach from the seatbelt securely holding her in place, along with her Heavenly Father.

I rented a Rav4 2 years ago and the one I had was relatively noisy at highway speed. I make alot of calls while driving, and need something I can communicate while traveling. What’s your experience with this? I didn’t check the tires, it could have been the cause. It did have a good amount of room. How’s the bluetooth, can you have a conversation at speed?

I rented a Rav4 2 years ago and the one I had was relatively noisy at highway speed. I make alot of calls while driving, and need something I can communicate while traveling. What’s your experience with this? I didn’t check the tires, it could have been the cause. It did have a good amount of room. How’s the bluetooth, can you have a conversation at speed?
It’s my daughters car but she calls us regularly with no issues on her Bluetooth.

Back
Top Bottom