• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tree stands

elmer1100

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I am going to start deer hunting this year. I am new to deer hunting ans wonder about what would
be a better stand for me. I am 50 years old and in fair shape. What would you think would be better
climbing stand or a ladder stand? I don't mind spending the money for a good stand.
Thanks for any input.

I`m close to 70,hunt 3-6 days a week during season,and still use a Treelounge.Wife does too.I go up 15-25 feet depending on where I hunt.Wife`s older`n me.Later models (Treelounges,not wives)are lighter,older ones grab the tree better.Older ones can be found for $100-$125.I`ve toted them all over GA and Tenn.,even the mountains.I switched to APIs once,then switched back to Lounges.

Last edited:
A ladder stand is a good option, they are cheaper and quieter when set up than a climber. But, for comfort, you just can't beat a good climber.

I have a pair of two man ladder stands set up where I hunt, but I can only sit in them for three hours max. My Summit 180 Max on the other hand, eight hours is no problem at all. It's light to pack and easy to set up as well.

FWIW, I hunt with a man in his late 70's and all he will use is a Summit.

Depends on where I'm trying to set up. Some places I use a ladder stand because there aren't any suitable trees in the location for a climber. When I can use a climber, I use a Summit Viper.

Depends on where I'm trying to set up. Some places I use a ladder stand because there aren't any suitable trees in the location for a climber. When I can use a climber, I use a Summit Viper.

I'm with this. We have boxes, ladders and shooting houses on our property but I can move around with a climber and the Summit Viper is light, quiet, secure, easy to set up, and very comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom