• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trout Fishing

I like the Ami...headed there this weekend. Thanks for the intel on "The Trout Pond"....... my 10 year old wants to get into fly fishing and this sounds like a nice place to start.

No problem you might catch me up there. Sometimes I help them out on Saturdays when it gets real busy... I know most of us fishermen prefer catching our trout of the river/streams and try to avoid these pay per pound lakes. I'm often surprised at how many people do visit them though. I guess it's just hard to imagine how many people have never fished before and need places like this. Plus the fish are better size than stream stockers and I've found the best way to get kids into fishing is to take them somewhere you know they'll catch fish lol..

Where ya headed?

not a clue in the world to be honest with you. Just packed my gear and a friend is picking me up. With all the planning I have to do to manage a day to day life.. I am throughly looking forward to going with the flow with no time lines/obligations. A long overdue break for me. I will follow up sunday or monday with location and how bad i did. lol

I hit the small steams. there a few I like a for the hike as well as the fishing. Bear Creek is beautiful and is usually not to crowded except on the weekends.. conasauga creek is a great but it's a good hard mile hike down in there and best time to go is when it is raining but there are some good natives to be caught. I recommend barbless on conasauga creek helps keep the population strong. I have to throw pitch here If your looking for a place to take your family or just yourself to learn how to fish try The Trout Pond in Blue Ridge.. great open area for learning how to fly and the kids will have a blast. http://thetroutpond.com/

The Trout Pond is halfway between Blue Ridge and Blairsville on hwy 515. Its a really relaxing place to go and if you dont catch anything then you dont pay anything! Theres also some nice bass in there. You have a choice with them to keep them or throw them back. So essentially the bass fishing is always free if you release them.
Heres a pict of my friend Bigun when we were fishing there this past October.
[Broken External Image]:

so we fished boggs and dicks up near dalonagha. I caught and ate my first trout. Also found out the person we were staying with is chiefsquirrel83. lol small world.

The Trout Pond is halfway between Blue Ridge and Blairsville on hwy 515. Its a really relaxing place to go and if you dont catch anything then you dont pay anything! Theres also some nice bass in there. You have a choice with them to keep them or throw them back. So essentially the bass fishing is always free if you release them.
Heres a pict of my friend Bigun when we were fishing there this past October.
[Broken External Image]:

Please don't keep my bass..lol. it's one of the few ponds I have left to fish.. but there are some big ones in there.. so catch'em take a picture and put'er back safely...lol

Back
Top Bottom