Truck AR15

BigMike

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
232   0
Reaction score
Evening gents! I am needing some info and input/thoughts/opinions on a full size AR15 for a truck gun. The AR's are pretty inexpensive right now and I would like a little more fire power with me "just in case." I am not an AR guy but I own a couple that I deem too valuable to carry around with me. That being said, what brands of inexpensive AR's would be something I could rely on if I really needed it, but something that wont matter if it gets beat up or worst case, stolen from my vehicle? I have an older bushmaster that functions flawlessly, cant seem to find another. I was looking at maybe a Radical Arms or.......... Thanks yall.

I bought a PSA for just that. Rifle I don't mind throwing in the trunk if I want something more than my glock handy. Of course I still ended up adding a few hundred in accessories to it, but it's still cheaper than my Daniel Defense and BCM but plenty reliable and accurate for my needs.

I'm not a fan of leaving a gun in a vehicle, even in a lock box, but I would want something reliable, proven to function, so why not just keep the Bushmaster in there?

Im guessing the entry level AR rifles are all "more or less" the same?
More or less, yes

I threw a $199 PTAC complete upper on a $99 Plum Crazy II lower and called it a day. Fed the rifle nothing but WalMart Tula steel case and it hasn't given me any problems yet. Have about 1000 rounds through it and zero problems. There's no better bargain out there right now than an entry level AR.

Atlantic Firearms has a Radical Arms 10.5" Barreled Upper for $169, PSA has a Bolt Carrier + Charging Handle for $89.00 Free Shipping, PSA has a complete pistol lower for $129.00 Free Shipping. After shipping & Tax you have a 10.5 AR Pistol for $417. Not a bad truck gun and cheaper than a Glock.

Back
Top Bottom