Truck/trunk rifle?

Flammenwerfer

Default rank <4500 posts
Úlfhéthnar
61   0
Reaction score
I keep going back and forth with myself on which rifle to keep in my truck....I'm interested to see what you guys think and what your thought process is.

Things I am considering is weight, durability, cost, maintenance, capacity and all around effectiveness.

image.jpg

Ruger 44 Carbine. What Jeff Cooper called a "Thumper" size basic to the 10/22.

I like a pistol grip 12 gauge, whichever make is near at the time. I rarely leave firearms in my truck, because it is easy to break into (1997 GMC Sonoma), and I live in a shady part of town. So I usually carry a long gun along only when I think there is increased likelihood of an incident.

That .44 carbine makes a heckuva good truck gun. Good call. Wish I could find an equivalent in .357. Maybe a high point .45 carbine would be good.

Actually, I think these are all good suggestions. A 12 ga pump or .22 would both be pretty versatile.

I'd think you'd want something that didn't draw a lot of attention, no uber-tactical black rifles or anything. Short range is fine with me...if I ever have to use it as my GHG, I'm not bothering with long range shots.

It depends on the purpose. Do you have to "get in the fight" or is it for survival if you breakdown in the middle of nowhere? You could have a broken down Henry Survival rifle hidden pretty easily, you could have a Keltec that uses the same mags as you handgun (also folds, easy to hide) or a shotgun or even cheap AR.

good ole used 30/30 lever gun, the original assault rifle and grocery getter. cheap durable effective and doesnt raise an eyebrow. Just one choice I like many great other options though.

Back
Top Bottom