Truck/trunk rifle?

Good ol' cheap SKS man. couple of bandoleers and a sling. you can defend, hunt all with the same weapon.

I would say also, a keltec sub2k...but 6 months ago would have been the time to buy them when they were $300. Now im seeing people asking for AR's in trade, or $700!

-Carlo

What about a Mosin Nagant?

They are cheap so if stolen out of the truck you are only out of $100. They are battle proven. And they fire a potent round.

Depending on purpose a side or underfolder folding stock AK could be had for a reasonable price (at least right now).
I have around $500 in mine. I do lock my vehicle, have an alarm, & keep it out of sight but in the random chance it gets stolen I'm out $500 or so vs. my AR which is over $2000 w/ optic. I can't take that kind of loss.
The overall criteria you mentioned is why I settled on the AK.
Low cost, low main., high durability, high reliability, low ammo cost, reasonable weight w/ a stamped receiver, 30 rd. mags. powerful round, & compact design meets my needs.

In .22 my favorite is the Marlin Papoose takedown or the new Ruger 10/22.
The Marlin is a great rifle that is highly regarded by many in the surv./ preparedness community.
Here are pics. of my "discreet" rifle bag for the Ak.

Attachments

• IMAG0446.jpg
    IMAG0446.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMAG0445.jpg
    IMAG0445.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMAG0447-1.jpg
    IMAG0447-1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 47
^^ LOL too funny man. Kind of reminds me of the days where vett guys would hide a NOS bottle but cutting the bottom out of a gym bag and putting it over the bottle! Well played sir, well played.

I have one and LOVE it. My preferred hog gun.

Simple little rifle, 4X scope, and .44 mag on speed strips. Rides nice behind the seat, not too much it won't slow down either. Not sure on the market on them though as far as an economical trunk/truck gun. Just checked and all I saw were insane $750-$900, which seems a bit much. Is this accurate pricing?

Digging the tennis racket case! I don't see that enticing a thug. I drive an older extended cab Tacoma, hard to hide stuff! Think I'll hit the sporting goods store tonight.

Digging the tennis racket case! I don't see that enticing a thug. I drive an older extended cab Tacoma, hard to hide stuff! Think I'll hit the sporting goods store tonight.

You might also try Craiglist or a flea market/ yard sale.... that way the case would have the "vintage" worn look that most people wouldn't give a second look.
I don't know of any pawnshop that would take an old tennis racket w/ a scuffed cover.

Back
Top Bottom