Truck/trunk rifle?

Be careful so that you don't violate the law by creating a "false or secret compartment" in your vehicle.

I've never heard of this law, considering its your property I can't see how you can get in trouble for that. If thats the case then it would be illeagle to creat a false or secret compartment in your own home.

To the original question, Kel Tec Sub 2K. I love mine in 9mm with the glock mags.

I've never heard of this law, considering its your property I can't see how you can get in trouble for that. If thats the case then it would be illeagle to creat a false or secret compartment in your own home.

To the original question, Kel Tec Sub 2K. I love mine in 9mm with the glock mags.

http://www1.legis.ga.gov/legis/2005_06/fulltext/hb1193.htm

But this law seems to deal with hiding contraband or people. Im just trying to keep a weapon out of sight from perps wanting to steal it, not hide it from the law.

-Carlo

http://www1.legis.ga.gov/legis/2005_06/fulltext/hb1193.htm

But this law seems to deal with hiding contraband or people. Im just trying to keep a weapon out of sight from perps wanting to steal it, not hide it from the law.

-Carlo

Bingo zingo, the elements of the law are pertaining to illicit activity. Smuggling and trafficking of illegal contraband, human trafficking, etc. there are commercially available locking concealable cases that are added, and use of voids and current compartments is permissible. Case in point, the rear seats in the late 80's early 90's Trans Am, and Camero. They pull up exposing voids for concealing handguns etc. the rear seat backs folded down and where perfect for a carbine. In many cases of law there must be "intent". Infusing available area inside the vehicle it isn't a secret compartment, but more a use of available space. If you cut out the spare tire well, and reweld it to carry concealed items... It may raise an eyebrow.

But if obeying the law, and not drawing attention via stupidity...who would know? Know your rights, and follow the law pretty easy.

I'd recommend a Norinco SKS. Cheap rifle. Cheap ammo. Maintenance free. Very Reliable. Value will likely hold or go up. Legal in most states as long as you keep it all original.

As others have mentioned the criteria and location you will be are most important. I am mostly urban/285 for my commute so I keep a mossberg 500 in the trunk. First and foremost I do not want to shoot a rifle caliber in a densely populated area. Secondly if I had to use it in a defensive situation it is unlikely it will be over 50 yards. (If it were I would just run, unless there was no cover available.). Next you can hunt just about anything with a 12ga. I paid $150 for the shotgun and cut the barrel down to 18.75 and cut the wood stock down to just a hand grip (overall its 28" long). It's not pretty but I only have $150 into it, therefore I only stand to lose $150. I also keep a variety of hunting sized shot in the car as well as buck and slugs. Other good options are the 9mm carbine but only the hi point (which is fine) is at a reasonable trunk gun price for me. A 357 lever would be a solid choice but still pricey. The pistol caliber carbines tend to have limited hunting applications but if defense is your only concern the they are excellent. A 22 is a fine choice solid hunting, deadly/dangerous at 50 yards, and most impotantly cheap! I've always like the idea of a saiga 410 as a trunk gun, it takes care of the 12ga issue which is the size and weight of 12ga rounds. If you are more rural then an SKS, or cheap bolt gun would be a great choice.

For me the deciding factor is gun cost. Cars get broken into, your stuff could be let if you are in an accident and taken to the hospital, or even get destroyed in a wreck.

Last edited:
Ok, so I've made my choice....since I'm not in the market to make another purchase, I'm going with my Auto Ordnance M1 carbine. I made my choice after my range trip this morning. It's light weight and compact enough, capacity is there and it's potent enough for self defense and most hunting in the area. It will not be left in the car, just loaded in and out when I'm working( I travel from Gainesville to most points in Georgia, mostly around the perimeter and to Macon and augusta). So that being said, I'm happy with my choice. Lightweight, which will come in handy while carrying a get home bag, I've got a few quality 30 round magazines, plus the ease of reloading using stripper clips and 120 rounds in the bandolier is pretty light.

In short, I figure if a 5'4" guy from the Bronx can trek across Europe w/ one of these during WWII, it should be fine for me "just in case"

Ok, so I've made my choice....since I'm not in the market to make another purchase, I'm going with my Auto Ordnance M1 carbine. I made my choice after my range trip this morning. It's light weight and compact enough, capacity is there and it's potent enough for self defense and most hunting in the area. It will not be left in the car, just loaded in and out when I'm working( I travel from Gainesville to most points in Georgia, mostly around the perimeter and to Macon and augusta). So that being said, I'm happy with my choice. Lightweight, which will come in handy while carrying a get home bag, I've got a few quality 30 round magazines, plus the ease of reloading using stripper clips and 120 rounds in the bandolier is pretty light.

In short, I figure if a 5'4" guy from the Bronx can trek across Europe w/ one of these during WWII, it should be fine for me "just in case"

Good choice. I considered swapping mine to a para and doing the same thing, but it's an unmolested Inland, couldn't bring myself to do it.

Back
Top Bottom