• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkey Hunting - Guide or Just Try It?

0   0
Reaction score
I have never been turkey hunting. Is this something for which you, if you had no experience, would want to hire a guide your first time or two, or is it something to just go out and try and hope for the best?

Any recommendations for guides?

Season Ends on May 15 th

april 2022 pics 007.JPG

Almost impossible without experience.
You don't need to hire a guide per se, but I'd at least tag along with someone who is known to be successful.
Even the best get embarrassed and there is such a thing as beginner's luck. But if you want to actually learn, find a mentor (I'm definitely not it.).

Almost 30 years ago I bought a mouth call and how to Turkey hunt pamphlet from Walmart. The next day I walked out to my uncles place and killed one. No idea what I was doing but it worked. I'd say tag along with a friend and be patient, time kills birds.

I have never been turkey hunting. Is this something for which you, if you had no experience, would want to hire a guide your first time or two, or is it something to just go out and try and hope for the best?

Any recommendations for guides?
Go right before daylight like you are goin to your deerstand and they will literally fall outta the tree and scare the hell outta ya.

Back
Top Bottom