• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Turkey Thread of 2015

Turkey hunting is also a good opportunity time to also knock out a few Yotes too.... had several come to the turkey calls and the decoys in the past years.

Last year the first hunt in two new areas I had a yote come in within 15ft within 5min of calling. I ruined the hunts but there's two less yotes out there.

Went out this morning for the first time and talked to a few at daybreak but never saw them. Saw plenty of deer though just like you guys called it. Only 2 more weeks.

Went to my lease a while back and this is what our roads looked like....
image.jpg

got picked for ocmulgee. Scouted it last year too so I am excited. This will be my second time ever hunting turkey. And I love it.

i154.photobucket.com_albums_s253_chriscole130_IMAG1178_1_zpsogret67h.jpg

I'm goin' after this gobbler with my old man. He was born around there and he grew up hunting along those railroad tracks in and around the WMA. He gave me a shotgun for Christmas a long time ago. I'm gonna use it to bag my first gobbler..knock on wood. Good luck hunting to all of you guys.

I always see plenty at the house
I take 2 each year, then take other folks out that don't have the opportunity of a good spot

www.fordtruckclub.net_forum_photopost_files_1_5_turkeys_02_21_14.jpg

First double, 11" & 10-1/2" beards and 7/8" spurs
www.fordtruckclub.net_forum_photopost_files_1_5_turkeys.jpg

Last edited:
don't worry about doing any plucking; just get down to the skin and pull it off

nothing special needed
I use my small 3 blade buck folder, it's got a 3 inch blade

Ok cool I have a few that will easily work then and don't need to go buy anything.

Back
Top Bottom