• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkey Thread of 2015

This was a first for me in 30 years of chasing turkeys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 42
Hikingthehills:
Mya is 5&1/2 years old. This is her third big game animal. She killed two does this past deer season. It takes alot of work getting all the chairs and stuff hauled around and set up but it's alot of fun. We used a hub style blind this morning. Rifle propped on shooting sticks up front with her on the stock and me providing a bit of assistance by supporting her since we are dealing with firearms. We use an I-scope to aid with target acquisition
Any time that you want to get the two of them girls together to go hunting let me know. We are planning on attending one or two parent-child hunts this year. You and your Daughter are welcome to join us.
Thanks to all for the kind words.

Last edited:
Hikingthehills:
Mya is 5&1/2 years old. This is her third big game animal. She killed two does this past deer season. It takes alot of work getting all the chairs and stuff hauled around and set up but it's alot of fun. We used a hub style blind this morning. Rifle propped on shooting sticks up front with her on the stock and me providing a bit of assistance by supporting her since we are dealing with firearms. We use an I-scope to aid with target acquisition
Any time that you want to get the two of them girls together to go hunting let me know. We are planning on attending one or two parent-child hunts this year. You and your Daughter are welcome to join us.
Thanks to all for the kind words.
Brother that would be awesome! I'll get back with you here REAL soon. My daughter said she would love to go hunting with yall. I'll shoot you a PM tomorrow.

That is awesome brother!
Thank you. We put in a lot of work for that bird. We checked two logging decks prior to daylight and went to the third which is where she killed her bird. I kept pushing her to go a little farther due to lack of fresh sign. She covered over 2 miles with me which is a lot for her little legs. She sat patiently and handled herself like a champ once the bird came in. I'm so proud of her!

Thank you. We put in a lot of work for that bird. We checked two logging decks prior to daylight and went to the third which is where she killed her bird. I kept pushing her to go a little farther due to lack of fresh sign. She covered over 2 miles with me which is a lot for her little legs. She sat patiently and handled herself like a champ once the bird came in. I'm so proud of her!
This is awesome. I can't wait for my 4 year to harvest his first one.

Back
Top Bottom