• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Two weeks without a cigarette.............

It has been 37 weeks since I quit a 2 pack a day for past 50 years. Now, I am addicted to the nicotine lozenges and gum. Gained about 8 pounds (plus the 10 pounds I lost in the hospital in January) and I feel like I could pick up a cig right now, but I won't. Glad you quit - keep at it!

But I still miss a good cuban!

...and to Dinky - this one is for you!

cuban.jpg

My cigarette addiction is way less than my current prescription medication addiction. My dealers at the VA are always happy to add more pharmaceutical prescriptions.

I didn't realize until midnight last night when I had a screaming migrane and was puking every 15 minutes how badly I'm addicted to VA mood altering drugs. I took my meds after 3 days without them and I'm fine now.

As far as smoking it hasn't even crossed my mind. I have quit that for certain now.

Congrats man! You gotta wean yourself off the prescription meds, cold turkey is kinda dangerous with those

Thank you man it was tough but I think anyone can do it. The craving you think would go away after a few weeks. It doesn't but I breathe a lot better now.
For me the physical cravings were gone after a few week, like the light headedness and my peripheral vision playing tricks on me. It was just a mental game after that.

Back
Top Bottom