• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

UCF vs. LSU

Respectfully, I don't like the idea of an 8 team playoff. If you like the idea of a "Cinderella team" making it to the championship game, an 8 team playoff would make it more difficult for a "Cinderella team" getting through to the championship game. Right now, with 4 teams, a "Cinderella team" has to win one game and they are in. With 8 teams, that "Cinderella team" would have to win two games to get in. Because of the depth of say an Alabama, Clemson, heck Ohio State or UGA, that "Cinderella team" would play a much higher ranked team twice to get in. Depth on the defensive and offensive lines would prove to be to big an obstacle to over come for the "Cinderella team". To me, an 8 team playoff pretty much assures that no "Cinderella team", will make it through to the championship game.
Leave it the way it is with one caveat. Make all the teams play an equal number of games. This year, ND played one less game than the other three who were in. The other three had to play a conference championship game and ND didn't. Since ND plays a "diluted" ACC schedule, make them play in the conference championship. This year, they would have had to play Clemson..............well, we all saw how that turned out.
Just my opinion, and what do I know?
Yeah, the ND situation makes me sick too. ND has no motivation to ever play "Conference" football and the only way they will ever do it is if the NCAA forces them. Every other sport at the school plays in the ACC, so the institution reaps the benefits of conference money. They are main stream media darlings for football, so they suffer no monetary penalty for not playing conference football, in fact with their 2018 TEN YEAR contract extension with NBC to televise their football games they probably make more money than a conference commitment could ever provide. ND will continue to cherry pick their schedule, sit out 13th week of conference championship football, and as long as they win 11 games a year we will have to suffer through their crushing defeats in the college football playoffs.

49342328_2296433497312281_8522935069277421568_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom