• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Unconsious Alone While Armed

I was thinking about this during an accident, mainly its always in my iwb holster and not in the vehicle. I would freak if it had to be towed with my firearm in the glove box.

i never know how much cash is in may wallet. I figure... if I had cash and someone was tending to me and I survive, they can have it. If I die... well it doesnt matter then either.

I responded to a call @ a local flea market for a guy in insulin shock that had fallen.
He had a SA XD. No LE was dispatched, I cleared the weapon (which was loaded/unchambered), and it rode w/ driver until we got to the hospital, at which point I gave it to his wife who followed, and she stowed it in their car.

IF LE happens to be on scene, the I'd clear it and give it to them

I was thinking about this during an accident, mainly its always in my iwb holster and not in the vehicle. I would freak if it had to be towed with my firearm in the glove box.

Before a vehicle is towed, an inventory is supposed to be done by the PD to list and /or secure any valuables. This protocol is not always followed by every little podunk PD but it should be. I guess it depends on department policy to some extent. Our EMS/Fire always called the PD to secure any weapons or valuables from an unconscious or deceased person even if we met them at the hospital.

Sooo....dont worry about it really and put my faith in our public safety personnel?

No sir. Worry to the point that you never ever go anywhere alone. Even to the bathroom at a place like Wal Mart. You never know who might be lurking there just waiting on you to come in unawares... When out shopping, when my wife says she needs to go to the bathroom unbeknownkst to her I sometimes follow along just to be sure.

No sir. Worry to the point that you never ever go anywhere alone. Even to the bathroom at a place like Wal Mart. You never know who might be lurking there just waiting on you to come in unawares... When out shopping, when my wife says she needs to go to the bathroom unbeknownkst to her I sometimes follow along just to be sure.

I feel a little akward when another man asks me to go to the restroom with him...especially at Walmart......

Lol! You caught my sarcasm!! :first:

I once had a ride to the ER in an ambulance, when my wife arrived I asked the nurse to give my pistol to my wife. The nurse had a fit asking me why I brought a gun to the ER, I said it was not really my plan to even come here. They gave my wife my pistol and made sure she took it to the car and 'secure' it. That was years ago and I had a badge back then, don't know how that would turn out today.

Back
Top Bottom