• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Under $400 offers for Glocks is a lowball....wait, no it's not.

Are you 100% positive of this? Not trying to be rude, this just seems a little too good to be true. Kudos to glock if so, but I've never heard of anyone giving a lifetime warranty on something such as night sights that clearly will not last a lifetime.

Did you actually do this or were with someone when this happened?

I had new nite sites installed on three Glocks at the same time. I asked the armorer how long the warranty was and he said,"if they go bad we will replace them for free since we don't keep a record of when you bought them". The warranty that is stated is 15 years, but if they have no record I would bet he told me the truth. The age of the gun has no bearing since you can take an older gun in and have the sites installed. How are they going to know if you had them installed when the gun was new or when it was ten or more years old? The confusion comes from people that take a gun in with non Glock sites to have them replaced, they don't replace other brands for free.

See, I was told the complete opposite. If they have dead Glock night sights, the guy at Glock said they will replace them.

Does anyone else have a difference experience? Would help to clarify.

When I took mine, they replaced my dim ones with some trijicons that were a few years old. Still an awesome deal considering mine were 15 years old.

I had new nite sites installed on three Glocks at the same time. I asked the armorer how long the warranty was and he said,"if they go bad we will replace them for free since we don't keep a record of when you bought them". The warranty that is stated is 15 years, but if they have no record I would bet he told me the truth. The age of the gun has no bearing since you can take an older gun in and have the sites installed. How are they going to know if you had them installed when the gun was new or when it was ten or more years old? The confusion comes from people that take a gun in with non Glock sites to have them replaced, they don't replace other brands for free.

I'm just going on the experience I had. My Glock is a LE trade in G22 gen 3. I have no idea how old the gun was or whether it had Glock night sights on it. Over time, tritium will fade or "half-life" or whatever the right term is. Hard to imagine a company would give a lifetime warranty for a product that they know will fail in time.

I'm just going on the experience I had. My Glock is a LE trade in G22 gen 3. I have no idea how old the gun was or whether it had Glock night sights on it. Over time, tritium will fade or "half-life" or whatever the right term is. Hard to imagine a company would give a lifetime warranty for a product that they know will fail in time.

These are my thoughts as well.

Polaris, I believe you that the armorer said that but I think he may have maybe misspoken. I just can't believe it until someone actually chimes in and says they've had glock brand night sights replaced for free

Other than us "locals" how many people are going to send their 16+ year old Glocks in to get the night sights changed for free? We are looking at this from the local perspective and not the national/global perspective. I wouldn't have done half the stuff I have done to my G19 and G26 had it not been for the fact that all I had to do was show up at their door and wait 30 minutes. Night sights.....Yes, without a doubt I would pay to have them done (happy I only had to pay $58 each for them).....but, I doubt I would have had extended mag releases and slide releases put on either of them......but, since Glock did this for free on both firearms.....HELL YEAH! So, I got 2 great guns (IMHO) for a fair price and have received great customer service, free upgrade and well below market price night sights.......I doubt that there will ever be a time in my life when I don't own 2 or 3 Glocks.....that's why a company does honor a lifetime warranty for a product that they know will fail......because they have a customer for life and will make far more money off me than they ever would charging me for a set of night sights..........hope I didn't sound like a smart-a$$......just giving my view on why I think they conduct business the way they do........now they need to get off their butts and get me that 9mm single stack I have been waiting for.....crap, I sound like a "fan-boy".

Last edited:
Glock does not replace night sights for free. They charge $50.00. They will replace the internals for free, and, of course, $50.00 for installed night sights is a steal. I am a Glock Armorer, and I have had over 200 G23's "refreshed" for my agency. What happens is some of the guys down there really don't know who gets what, so you sometimes get lucky, and they do not charge you. It has happened to me a few times, but I always go ahead and pay them. I have also been down there and seen some of the guys give away hundreds in Glock stuff. Oops, they are supposed to charge for that stuff too.

Last edited:

Glock will replace THEIR NS that are dim before the 15 year warranty for free.

To address the lifetime warranties on products that fail, high dollar brake pads come with lifetime warranties. Also, check out deep blue watches. they have tritium tubes in them and when they start to dim they replace them for free. Deep Blue, Glock, and the brake pad folks bank on the american consumer being lazy and not going through the trouble of asking for replacements. For those of us that stay on top of this sort or thing, we will benefit. We are the few and far between, so the company sells you on the warranty and rarely has to pony up the goods.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom