• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unfamiliar territory

Run it. Start slowly replacing the parts with Wilson Combat parts and get a trigger job for competition. There is a guy at High Caliber Sales on Canton road about 2 miles north of Sixes Rd. He does trigger jobs and he shoots 1911s in competition. Tell him you want a competition job or he will give you a carry pull weight of about 4 lbs.. He said with the 1911 it just isn't safe any lighter than that.

A gun made to Colt specs with Wilson Combat internals. Nobody can complain about that. Then go out there and show those pecker heads who's boss. GET ER DONE!

For the money they make a good 1911. I had a 9mm single stack and it did it's job. Not going to get the refinement of other manufacturers, but you aren't paying the price either.

My only experience is with the compact model 1911 in .45acp. Runs like a sewing machine.

I've shot it so much I had to replace the recoil spring. It's my EDC in cooler months.

I think RIA offers one of the best values in firearms. You get a lot for your money.

Keep us posted with your experience with this model. I didn't even know they made a double-stack in 9mm.

They generally need a good deburring and a lil trigger work to be good to go.

I've had 3 of the GI gov. 45s and they were all quite accurate for a sub $400 pistol.

Well put 200 rds through it this afternoon. Ran perfect. Accuracy very good. Of all the pistols I have bought that weren't target guns this one has the best trigger I have ever had. Slide runs like it is on bearings. Slide release takes no effort to release. The beaver tail has a long upsweep which allows a good high grip on gun. But the ambi safety will need to be replaced. Sharp edges and to small to support my thumb. But I will put in a longer trigger as I am used to a long flat face trigger. And replace the safety. But all in all very impressed so far.

Back
Top Bottom