• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unsafe Range

shootin4fun

Default rank 5000+ posts
Veritas Aequitas
187   0
Reaction score
Took my wife and son shooting today at Chestnut mountain. Of course I got there later than I wanted to but let me say that they're are some real douche bags at the range these days. People loading up behind the benches, waving guns around, and shooting AR's and Mosins on the pistol range. I got really upset and felt tense. Good thing there was a couple of us responsible 2nd ammendment folks there to keep an eye on things. These douche bags need to find another hobby.

Rant over.

Yea, I hate when I see idiots at the range. Fortunately, I have seen minimal amounts of douche baggery at SharpShooters in Roswell where I'm a member. I hope it stays that way. But I've seen a number of them in the past 10 years and they really freak me out.

douchebags everywhere... keep your family safe and meet us at riverbend on the 20th of September

http://www.rbgc.org/HuntingRifle/HuntingRifle.html

Yea, I'd like to add that a good range can keep the dbags to a minimum. Good RSO's with a good culture sustained by the members. OP, I would definitely find a new place to go. If you saw this much of it in one visit then that range needs to get it's crap together.

There's a public wma range in the middle of no where down here (big lazer). It use to be a nice place to go and you usually had the place to yourself or just one or two other responsible shooters. But now that everybody and their brother bought them a AR15 and season's 1-5 of Sons of Guns on DVD that place is just down right scary.

These dudes showed up with their Hi Points and WASR's acting all gangsta with the Hi Points in the front of their pants and loading the guns behind the shooting house. I just don't care for a lack of common sense and bad trigger discipline. Y'all be safe.

Yea, I hate when I see idiots at the range. Fortunately, I have seen minimal amounts of douche baggery at SharpShooters in Roswell where I'm a member. I hope it stays that way. But I've seen a number of them in the past 10 years and they really freak me out.

I like indoor ranges because they are a better controlled environment to shoot in, I just hate spending the money on range time.

WMA ranges are hit or miss and it being a holiday weekend didn't help your cause.
When I go to one I try and hit them during the work week and it minimizes the douchebagery.

Just out of curiosity, if my gun is on the table in my lane with the bolt/slide locked open, why does it matter if I am loading mags behind the range away from my gun? Only asking because I went to Sandy Springs Gun Club and did this exact thing. Left my gun on the rest in my lane and we back behind the line to load my mags where my bag was on the self and the gun told me I couldn't do that...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom