• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upcoming Energy Crisis

Just a comment regarding how some entities only post views that support their product. Not directed at you personally or anything like that.

Carry on. I'm always the first to panic buy when it comes to gas/TP/ammo/whatever shortage. But it has served me well up until this point so I'm not about to point fingers.
I have heard it said, those who are the first to panic make out the best.
In 2020 it proved to be the case for guns and ammo and a list of other things.

The last to panic is the one going from store to store to store in search for a roll of tp.

Here is a hypothetical: Suppose rolling energy outages, similar to those that have occasionally been implemented in Calif, were imposed in Ga.

How would you deal with it? One could choose to set in the dark in the heat or more likely the cold. Or one might choose to take a few steps to help minimize the effects.

Maybe a wood fueled fire would help - if you have a fire place or wood heater installed. An indoor propane heater would work pretty well. Mr Heater Big Buddy gets my vote for an indoor propane heater. Don't forget the propane.

A propane grill would help for cooking.

An electric generator would come in handy. As would a solar generator. If the solar generator would charge rapidly on AC wall power, it could be fully charged in between outages and available during the outages regardless of weather conditions.

What are your ideas?

I am not sure if this was directed at my post or not. Just in case it was: I have never heard of Zerohedge. I have pieced my post from info from multiple independent sources.

I am not certain what is going to happen. Absolutely nothing may happen. If I knew for certain, I would be in high demand.

Zerohedge is usually on the money.

Ive been trying to source a couple of 20 lb propane tanks. Prior to today, I've never shopped for them. Dont even own a grill (no man card). I've always had the 1 lb Coleman tanks around for various things and the 14 oz torch tanks. Several were given to me so Ive never really shopped for propane to know the cost. Looks like I picked the perfect time to buy LOL.

Question: Is $35-45 a typical 20 lb tank price or is that a spiked price due to demand? I dont see how they could make them much cheaper but I've never followed the propane market.

Back
Top Bottom