• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

You can disagree all you want with this statement, but some of us have families that we don't want to put in the line of fire with the indiscriminate actions of the ATF (and other government agencies). So what are your options there? It's not like you can keep your type of firearms secret if you purchased them retail. The 4473 has proven to be a registry.

If I were a lone wolf I'd be more vocal I'm sure. But I'm not. And I'm not willing to risk my family's safety and welfare to mouth off on the internet. This will rub most of you the wrong way, but I'd venture a guess 90% of ODT is all bark and no bite. If that number was opposite, we'd have already had ourselves a modern day civil war.
I agree and I follow the law as well. I can’t take those risks with my family. So I just removed the braces and sold them to a relative for $1. Now I need to come up with $1 to buy my braces back. Maybe I’ll start a gofund me page.

You can disagree all you want with this statement, but some of us have families that we don't want to put in the line of fire with the indiscriminate actions of the ATF (and other government agencies). So what are your options there? It's not like you can keep your type of firearms secret if you purchased them retail. The 4473 has proven to be a registry.

If I were a lone wolf I'd be more vocal I'm sure. But I'm not. And I'm not willing to risk my family's safety and welfare to mouth off on the internet. This will rub most of you the wrong way, but I'd venture a guess 90% of ODT is all bark and no bite. If that number was opposite, we'd have already had ourselves a modern day civil war.
On the contrary, the ATF itself reported there was a very, very low acceptance rate for the "free tax stamp" option, which leads me to believe most people here opted to just wait out the legal challenges/courts. This was so obviously an overreach by the .gov that it was never going to stand.

On the contrary, the ATF itself reported there was a very, very low acceptance rate for the "free tax stamp" option, which leads me to believe most people here opted to just wait out the legal challenges/courts. This was so obviously an overreach by the .gov that it was never going to stand.
All one had to do is remove the braces and not have them at your house. Not hard to do and easily remedied. Simple, legal and temporary until the overreach was corrected. I didn’t understand why people put a stamp on another firearm as they’re a pain to sell/trade with a stamp.

Absolutely. People either went gray man and said nothing or as Kman Kman said, removed them.
Regardless, as capricious as these "rules" are, it just gives the 3 letter agencies license to kill.
Are you truly willing to risk your life for a piece of plastic, a frame or receiver, a trigger? How about your family's life being collateral damage and a 🤷‍♂️ from the ATF? Worth it? I can't make that decision for you. Posturing your intent on the internet just shines a spotlight on you.

IMG_3587.jpeg

Absolutely. People either went gray man and said nothing or as Kman Kman said, removed them.
Regardless, as capricious as these "rules" are, it just gives the 3 letter agencies license to kill.
Are you truly willing to risk your life for a piece of plastic, a frame or receiver, a trigger? How about your family's life being collateral damage and a 🤷‍♂️ from the ATF? Worth it? I can't make that decision for you. Posturing your intent on the internet just shines a spotlight on you.
Precisely why I never posted anything in any of these threads. I removed my braces and "complied" because I'm not an idiot. I also consider myself not an idiot by not voluntarily registering any of my weapons with a corrupt .gov agency. In the end, you are right...to each their own. Decisions have consequences.

Precisely why I never posted anything in any of these threads. I removed my braces and "complied" because I'm not an idiot. I also consider myself not an idiot by not voluntarily registering any of my weapons with a corrupt .gov agency. In the end, you are right...to each their own. Decisions have consequences.
This is the issue that I had with the brace thing all along, I've never owned a weapon that required a tax stamp because I don't see the benefit in declaring my weapon ownership to the government. I purchase very little requiring a 4473 form for the same reason. I have nothing to hide, I pay my taxes and I'm a responsible citizen...it's just none of their damned business. Right, wrong, or indifferent.

Back
Top Bottom