• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

So... if the ATF does go back and says that anyone who got a 'free' Form 1 has to pay the $200 tax and get their pretty blue stamp, does that make them OK again in some members eyes?

After all, now you paid $200 to register your SBR just like a red blooded American should.. right boys?

$200 had nothing to do with it. Free had nothing to do with it.

It was complying with an illegal rule, not a law, and selling out your fellow gun owners. The pathetic part was that all it took was dangling "free" in front of what turned out to be only a small group of sellouts.

the ATF will appeal and where does that put it?
The SCOTUS already agreed with the "common use" test back in the Stun Gun case. ANd for that one, there were far less stun guns in circulation than there are pistol braces. So, the thinking is since the same common use argument was used for the braces, an appeal to reverse the latest decision won't work. At least in theory...

Im just sitting and laughing my ass off with the idiots that sold their freedom and privacy to the ATF for $200 tax stamp:becky: now we know in our community who are the traitors and lack of balls that will be to running to bend over and take it like little biatches from the government.
I don't understand this logic. If I was already going to SBR and went and took the opportunity to save $200 and get it for free I'm a liberal biatch because I made a smart financial decision?

Once the firearm is registered as an SBR, you can change out the “brace” device or stock for a different brace or stock.
You do not need to contact ATF/NFA because changing the brace/stock does not change the configuration of the SBR.

However, if the length of the firearm has changed you will need to notify the NFA Division.

The SBR is not “registered” until an approved Form 1 is received from NFA. The brace cannot be substituted/replaced until that time.

Back
Top Bottom