• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

* Update on my seizures *

There are tons of things folks have been suggesting and I take them all seriously and try my best to investigate them.
Do not worry about what others say. Not everyone on these sites are going to agree.
I appreciate EVERYONES input, no matter what .
Thank you all !!
Take a good look online at keto and epilepsy. There's definitely a connection there. Big Pharma is gonna do what big pharma does and try to discredit a solution that doesn't involve dope so you may have to dig a little deeper than what pops up first as they're gonna influence the algorithms.

But... One thing I'll warn or say is don't bother if you can't commit. You can't eat ketogenic all week then have a donut on the weekend and think you're accomplishing anything. It's not really about the food at all, it's about changing the way your body functions. It's about your body running on ketones instead of glucose.
Most people do it for weight loss, but there's pretty solid evidence that ketones are a much cleaner and prefered fuel source for the brain, which is why they believe it works so well for people with epilepsy.

But, it won't be easy, your body will not like giving up carbs just like you're quitting smoking or any other non essential vice. It will be difficult, and if you can't or won't commit don't bother. But it could be the cure your looking for, and definitely won't have the nasty side affects of most meds.

Take a good look online at keto and epilepsy. There's definitely a connection there. Big Pharma is gonna do what big pharma does and try to discredit a solution that doesn't involve dope so you may have to dig a little deeper than what pops up first as they're gonna influence the algorithms.

But... One thing I'll warn or say is don't bother if you can't commit. You can't eat ketogenic all week then have a donut on the weekend and think you're accomplishing anything. It's not really about the food at all, it's about changing the way your body functions. It's about your body running on ketones instead of glucose.
Most people do it for weight loss, but there's pretty solid evidence that ketones are a much cleaner and prefered fuel source for the brain, which is why they believe it works so well for people with epilepsy.

But, it won't be easy, your body will not like giving up carbs just like you're quitting smoking or any other non essential vice. It will be difficult, and if you can't or won't commit don't bother. But it could be the cure your looking for, and definitely won't have the nasty side affects of most meds.
All I see is you and your dog eating raw chicken all night...

Back
Top Bottom