• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

UPDATE: Tasco 4 x 40 Japan-Manufactured Rifle Scope Inquiry

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. Not wanting to be outdone by a piece of metal, I walked down the street and showed the Tasco to my neighbor of 36 years, who is a retired Lockheed aircraft engineer and a genius with small engine repairs and just about anything else. After explaining the situation, he said let's think outside the box. He borrowed some of his wife's fingernail polish remover and carefully let it seep under/behind the lock ring area as well as the final quarter inch of the ocular lens closest to the eye area and said let it soak overnight and then try to loosen it. He said it still might need some tool assistance. This morning, with the aid of a small monkey wrench and cloth wrapped around the lock ring area, it loosened and now moves freely along the threads. The quarter inch ocular lens portion closest to the eye also loosened after a nice snug twist of my hand without a tool. It focuses perfectly. The ocular lens itself will not rotate down the threads exposed when you rotate the lock ring, but I am a happy camper. All is well. Guess I will purchase some fingernail polish remover and keep it with my firearm oils and cleaners. Thanks.

good to hear. Have the exact scope and that ring does turn and works great. I have grown fond of old, japan made Tascos because they are commonly undervalued. Old Tasco Titans (30mm tube) have fantastic glass.
a drop of acetone (polish remover) can work wonders.

Back
Top Bottom