• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Update trust to remove trustees?

Smoothie

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
I recently bought my first can, and I have a trust HeavyD did for me a few years back. I really don't want the wife and kids to have to drive to Ga gun store for prints, pics, etc. Mike who owns Ga Gun said I can file an amendment, simply removing them from the trust. Has anyone done this before?

I recently bought my first can, and I have a trust HeavyD did for me a few years back. I really don't want the wife and kids to have to drive to Ga gun store for prints, pics, etc. Mike who owns Ga Gun said I can file an amendment, simply removing them from the trust. Has anyone done this before?

I have 2 stamps pending doing this. Havent heard back yet but I'll keep you posted when I hear something. Man I almost forgot about them. LOL

The 41f amendment HeavyD gives you will work just fine, don't have to "remove" them per say but it worked and I've received my stamp for the suppressor filed under it

@heavyd

image.png

The 41f amendment HeavyD gives you will work just fine, don't have to "remove" them per say but it worked and I've received my stamp for the suppressor filed under it
I heard from SilencerShop yesterday on this. The ATF requested the NFALawyers Amendment be revised to reflect the changes requested by the ATF Legal Dept....I filled out the new amendment and sent it back.

SilencerShop ATF Compliance said:
An ATF examiner has contacted us regarding an Amendment that was added to your Trust making you the Sole Trustee. The ATF’s legal department has deemed this Amendment invalid due to the last line: “this amendment shall be null and void upon approval of all pending National Firearms Act applications”. We have a revised Amendment from NFA Lawyers LLC to make you the Sole Trustee. It is the same, except for that line is removed.

@heavyd

Got my original from NFALawyers, do I need to have them file the amendment or can I just send with my trust with silencerco as an amendment?

Back
Top Bottom