• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE ~ Volquartsen Accurizing Kit for Ruger Mark IV 22/45

Well, I have the kit...need some advice - I have the gun totally disassembled, new trigger, bolt stop, all that part done. I went to put the sear pin, the little spring thing...all good, then for the 22/45 it says I have to put this small black spacer between the little spring thing and the sear...well...the sear pin won't go thru this spacer...the hole is too small.

My thought is take a drill bit and try and gain a tiny bit of space in the spacer hole...thoughts?

Since no one else has replied...

I don’t have any of these parts but have installed a lot of triggers and parts on other platforms.

I’m assuming there isn’t anything in the directions about enlarging this hole or doing something to the sear? If not, stop and call Volquartsen. If you modify it and have issues later then you‘ll always be suspect of the modification. Maybe there is something that you missed or do not understand that they can help you with.

Can you post a picture of what you are looking at? I've got a VQ Black Mamba which is basically the VQ upper on a MkIV 22/45 frame with the kit already installed, I can take a look at it tonight and send you some pictures of what the correct installation looks like.

That said, I agree with the last poster and would call VQ before you make any modifications to their parts.

I did mine about 8 months ago and I do recall a spacer that I put in. I think that was one of the tricky parts. I will see if I can find my directions to remember more about it. I guess I'm showing my age.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the follow up folks. I actually ended up getting it put together last night after some work. Yes, the VQ Accurizing Kit...function tests on the pistol all seem fine, hopefully it fires tomorrow when I go up to the range.

Next time just buy a Volquartsen pistol and be done with it.
Not wrong.

I spent years tinkering and building various 10/22's. All shot well, but not spectacularly. Finally went full Kidd and it can hang with just about anything. Doesn't even cost much more than a tricked out 10/22 receiver build

Back
Top Bottom