• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**Updated** "Covid Protocols" Going In Place at Macon Piedmont Hospitals

User170512

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Occasionally Banned, but OK
49   0
Reaction score
My mom is going in for a pretty significant heart procedure Friday early am. We don't trust the hospital system with her and had planned to stay with her around the clock between me, my brother, and sister. Just found out they're putting "Covid Protocol" in place kicking visitors out from 8p-8a. Not saying the staff are not good, just that the system is spread too thin. She needs someone there for her. You've got to be your own advocate now-a-days. Is there any way to fight this?

It's outrageous. The pharmacy where we pick up our meds has a sign on the door (facing the parking lot on Coliseum Drive reads, "The owners of this pharmacy DO NOT enforce any Covid Protocols or mandates." I guess the folks working there must have had enough of the crap the first go around. On a side note, when dad was in Houston Co. Med Center last year about this time (they were observing "covid protocols"), I refused to be denied access to his room. I told the people at the desk that they could call the charge nurse on his floor and ask but if they personally tried to stop me going up, it was going to go badly for them. They gave me a "sticker" and didn't stop me. Might been the way I looked. My baby brother did the same thing when his wife was in hospital at the same time.

I realize this doesn't help your situation but if I wasn't willing to go the distance, my dad wouldn't have had any decent food to eat (he needed to be spoon fed) or he'd have had to lay in his own filth for several hours as the nurses and techs weren't how should we say, "perfeshunal" about performing those tasks. 6 weeks of hell.

His PT was very helpful and acted almost like an advocate for him so he's a good Christian man.

Too few staff=too many mistakes. Years ago my MIL was in the hospital. She had a machine hooked to her that kept her heart beating normal that was NOT to be removed. One of the staff came in to assist her to the bathroom and was about to unhook the machine. Luckily, my wife was there to remind her that if she did that, her mother would die.

While I respect your concerns and right to express them, you honestly will have to comply with their policy.
The worst part of a knee jerk policy like that is that it spreads/promotes fear in the people that visit or use the hospital.

You don't have to convince me. I sat through the entire episode of the Perry Hospital trying to kill my Mom last December with Covid Pneumonia. I can't blame most of the nurses but her luck of the draw "Doctor" was plain old evil. Then my wife looked up his Google reviews and I was amazed that he could practice anywhere.

While I respect your concerns and right to express them, you honestly will have to comply with their policy.
The worst part of a knee jerk policy like that is that it spreads/promotes fear in the weak minded or ignorant people that visit or use the hospital.
FTFY

The worst part of a knee jerk policy like that is that it spreads/promotes fear in the people that visit or use the hospital.
Do we, or is there a status we can take up that is non-visitor and does a better job of representing our role there to keep her alive?

Back
Top Bottom