• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Upgrades to the man room.

Love it! What amp did you use for your sub? I also know what you mean about the vibrations and shaking stuff off shelves in other rooms lol. Im sure before too long mine will be on basement duty collecting dust.

Thanks!!!

The sub is a factory powered unit...I think it's a Cerwin Vega. Now you've got me thinking, lol...I don't remember the brand! I will look at it tomorrow and see! One thing I do remember is it has preouts so I can actually buy another one and daisy chain it but I think two 15" drivers would be a little over the top!

Love it! What amp did you use for your sub? I also know what you mean about the vibrations and shaking stuff off shelves in other rooms lol. Im sure before too long mine will be on basement duty collecting dust.

Have you ever looked at DIY sonotube subwoofers? I thought about doing a pair of those but I just didn't have the space...I also considered a loaded horn enclosure that you lay on its side and it doubles as a coffee table but again I didn't quite have the space. My living room is long and narrow and it is definitely the limiting factor...

This also reminds me of a thread on diymobileaudio I think? Man I haven't been on the audiophile forums in years! Anyway these guys are running subs in the attic, one guy had cut a hole in the ceiling and was running 4 10s I think it was? I'll have to see if I can find the pics...

Thanks!!!

The sub is a factory powered unit...I think it's a Cerwin Vega. Now you've got me thinking, lol...I don't remember the brand! I will look at it tomorrow and see! One thing I do remember is it has preouts so I can actually buy another one and daisy chain it but I think two 15" drivers would be a little over the top!
I think 2 is a great idea. Get that subwoofer imaging! There's a bad thing that can happen to I forget what it's called where they can phase each other out in a room. I thought for sure 4kw of Crown amps on 1 20 amp breaker in my setup would trip but it hasn't happened yet. I guess it doesn't load the breaker enough. The power supply and car audio amp has me intrigued!

Have you ever looked at DIY sonotube subwoofers? I thought about doing a pair of those but I just didn't have the space...I also considered a loaded horn enclosure that you lay on its side and it doubles as a coffee table but again I didn't quite have the space. My living room is long and narrow and it is definitely the limiting factor...

This also reminds me of a thread on diymobileaudio I think? Man I haven't been on the audiophile forums in years! Anyway these guys are running subs in the attic, one guy had cut a hole in the ceiling and was running 4 10s I think it was? I'll have to see if I can find the pics...
Those sonotube woofers are cool! I want to do something with an ultimax 18" those things look ridiculous. But I am out of room for speakers. I wouldn't mind a subforum for audio stuff on the ODT but I think it'd only be about 3 people posting in it lol.

my cabin man room in newnan ga.

Attachments

• MAN ROOM.jpg
    MAN ROOM.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 56
I think 2 is a great idea. Get that subwoofer imaging! There's a bad thing that can happen to I forget what it's called where they can phase each other out in a room. I thought for sure 4kw of Crown amps on 1 20 amp breaker in my setup would trip but it hasn't happened yet. I guess it doesn't load the breaker enough. The power supply and car audio amp has me intrigued!

Those sonotube woofers are cool! I want to do something with an ultimax 18" those things look ridiculous. But I am out of room for speakers. I wouldn't mind a subforum for audio stuff on the ODT but I think it'd only be about 3 people posting in it lol.

It intrigued me back in the day also, I thought it was a pretty neat idea. But for me it was also budget friendly to some extent. Really good SQ car amplifiers are a lot cheaper than SQ home stereo amps. $2-$3Kish for say a McIntosh home amp or something similar...I paid $250 for the Diamond Audio which was a $1K amp when it was new. And sounds incredible...

Surprised you would put the photo copier there, where you can't sit on it, for pic's :D

Reminds me of someone at work which heard the copier would copy a photo of her a**, so she proceeded to climb up on this large industrialized copier to make the picture, all of a sudden there was a loud cracking sound, she was a hefty girl, not fat, but the copier glass couldn't take the weight. So we, being at least 15 employees had to use my small desktop till the large 15k copier could be repaired . Funny thing is, she forgot to clean the screen, you see, the crack in the glass was in the right spot between the outline of her imprint she left.

Now I had nothing to do with this, as I was in my office working when I heard the copier glass crack.:pound:

Back
Top Bottom