• Suspension

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Slap on the wrist from... THE.... Ohio State University

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Tacos (and everything including dirt) > Buckeyes

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good question. My knee jerk response is that Myer, actually no coach, can survive keeping a wife beater on staff no matter how it is handled. The wife beater was probably given more than a few breaks, by Myer, because he is the grandson of former Ohio State Coach Earle Bruce. Myer worked for Bruce at Ohio State.
Myer has stated that the action he took in 2009 followed the guidelines at Florida for the wife beater. Now Myer has stated that, while he lied about it at a new conference, he took the correct action in 2015. He stated school officials were notified about the wife beater.
That is important for two reasons,
1) If Myer reported the wife beater to school officials there is nothing to investigate, other than Myer lying at a press conference
2) If Myer reported the wife beater to school officials, he cannot be fired "with cause". That means Ohio State would be on the hook to Myer for about $38 million dollars, if they were to try to fire him, instead of just being able to dump his contract.

If Ohio State finds that Myer did report the wife beater, Myer will coach by the first game. Despite the fact I hate that Myer kept a wife beater on staff, if he did not do anything wrong by keeping the wife beater, how does Ohio State justify firing Myer? Ohio State may just have to eat the turd sandwich of public opinion and move on. Oh BTW, Ohio State is a really good team this year.........but that is not supposed to count, right? lol

Good question. My knee jerk response is that Myer, actually no coach, can survive keeping a wife beater on staff no matter how it is handled. The wife beater was probably given more than a few breaks, by Myer, because he is the grandson of former Ohio State Coach Earle Bruce. Myer worked for Bruce at Ohio State.
Myer has stated that the action he took in 2009 followed the guidelines at Florida for the wife beater. Now Myer has stated that, while he lied about it at a new conference, he took the correct action in 2015. He stated school officials were notified about the wife beater.
That is important for two reasons,
1) If Myer reported the wife beater to school officials there is nothing to investigate, other than Myer lying at a press conference
2) If Myer reported the wife beater to school officials, he cannot be fired "with cause". That means Ohio State would be on the hook to Myer for about $38 million dollars, if they were to try to fire him, instead of just being able to dump his contract.

If Ohio State finds that Myer did report the wife beater, Myer will coach by the first game. Despite the fact I hate that Myer kept a wife beater on staff, if he did not do anything wrong by keeping the wife beater, how does Ohio State justify firing Myer? Ohio State may just have to eat the turd sandwich of public opinion and move on. Oh BTW, Ohio State is a really good team this year.........but that is not supposed to count, right? lol
Everything you just said is fact. Meyer loves this guy like a son. He loves coach Bruce like a father. Lying to the media is not a fireable offense.

I am a Buckeye fan, born and raised.

I have done very little research into all of this but the one hang up I have is the timeline.

If I am reading reports correctly, the wife who was being abused filed a police report, AND THEN told Urbans wife about the abuse and as JWC mentioned, not telling the truth to media is not a crime....as much as media telling lies should be ayway :)

So with that information, what is he going to do...re-report a crime to authorities. Surely OSU was notifeid of the charges the moment she brought them up.

If I am missing the boat on this please let me know or please direct me to an editorial that has a clear timeline of events.

My gut reaction tells me he is safe.

Back
Top Bottom