• Suspension

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Slap on the wrist from... THE.... Ohio State University

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Tacos (and everything including dirt) > Buckeyes

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow! Ohio State and Meyer getting skewered in the press, and sports stations. I need to read the full report from Ohio State.

Wow! Ohio State and Meyer getting skewered in the press, and sports stations. I need to read the full report from Ohio State.

Of course they are, the guys on 92.9 the game are blaming Meyer for Smith having "that store that stopped selling ARs" pics on his phone...It's called making a story, plus they are mad at him for "lying" to them.

F the press and its not just this. like I said they have put themselves on some pedestal to where they believe they are beyond reproach.

From the past 20 minutes sounds like some of the media need to read the report as well

OK, a word of caution. The Ohio State Investigative Report is 23 pages long......23 pages! It is available online, but again, 23 pages. There are some statements that intrigue me in the report, but these two I read and said "REALLY?". Oh, while I have the full report, I did rely a synopsis to break down the report and the report was quoted properly

Brett McMurphy published an explosive report on Aug. 1 that included disturbing photos of Smith’s ex-wife’s injuries and screenshots of text messages that indicated she told Meyer’s wife, Shelley, and others about the abuse. When Meyer turned his phone over to investigators, they realized all of his text messages that were older than a year were deleted. They also determined that Meyer openly discussed with Ohio State’s director of football operations Brian Voltolini whether his texts could be combed through and if there was a way to delete them.
The investigation report said of the text message cleanup: “Often, although not always, such reactions evidence consciousness of guilt.” Really?

The investigation report stated that investigators cannot “logically square” why Meyer denied having knowledge of the 2015 allegations against Smith from his ex-wife, but they said Meyer’s denial may have had something to do with a false report about a 2015 felony arrest Smith was facing. Further, the report says Meyer has taken medication that can impact his ability to remember certain things. Really?!

So, I guess that while Ohio State did not find that Meyer did anything wrong from a procedural standpoint, they were uncomfortable with other things and found a suspension was necessary. Strange finding and a really strange report from Ohio State.

"In the fall of 2015, Courtney Smith told Shelley Meyer of Zach's alleged abuse in a series of text messages and phone calls. Shelley Meyer repeatedly expressed concern for Courtney Smith's well-being, and, according to investigators, contacted the Powell Police Department in Ohio to find out more information on the investigation of Zach Smith. Shelley Meyer told investigators she did not relay Courtney Smith's text messages to Urban Meyer because "she had doubts about the veracity of Courtney Smith's allegations."

This is from ESPN

"In the fall of 2015, Courtney Smith told Shelley Meyer of Zach's alleged abuse in a series of text messages and phone calls. Shelley Meyer repeatedly expressed concern for Courtney Smith's well-being, and, according to investigators, contacted the Powell Police Department in Ohio to find out more information on the investigation of Zach Smith. Shelley Meyer told investigators she did not relay Courtney Smith's text messages to Urban Meyer because "she had doubts about the veracity of Courtney Smith's allegations."
This is from ESPN

OK, I can buy that, I believe most can buy that statement. Does Ohio State really believe the medication Meyer takes has impacted his ability to remember things, or is that just an excuse. Remember, I said if he did nothing wrong, why suspend him.

Remember, I said if he did nothing wrong, why suspend him.

Because this is the age of #Metoo where the accuser can be accused of the same thing and it doesn't matter to the press, where the media and the Mob has to be Appeased. It reminds me of the Football player with the house here in Atlanta who's ex accused him on Instagram or twitter claiming he beat her up. Turned out he was out of State at the time and he had an eviction order on her but the media crucified him.

its easier to "suspend him" without pay but work that missed pay into a "bonus" later.

Back
Top Bottom