US Army selects 6.8 as the new round for SAW and M4

Textron makes a telescoping ammunition, and Textron is on that list of vendors to submit their rifle for testing. hmmm. FN already makes a 6.8 SAW so there is that also. They are also on the vendor list and get to submit two of each platform, not sure why.

Textron is in Augusta GA, at least the Easy Go golf cart division, and FN is in Columbia SC. About an hour apart? maybe a joint venture is in the works... Internet rumor mill at its finest.

One of friends PM me and I gave him my number so BangBang could get in touch. He texted me and we shot the sh*t for a little while. He is doing fine. My guess is he is taking a break from all the drama. It can get a little brutal. I know I take a heap of it I just don't a darn. I can supply references for my abilities.

We haven't heard the last of good ole BangBang. He will rise again.

The restraints of the 6.8mm is in it's chamber. ARP has been building and developing 6.8 barrels for years. If you look up on the website and read up on their barrels you find that they have developed a chamber that can be loaded hotter than max load data suggest. With that in mind a hot load with a 85 grain projectile can exceed a 5.56 round by far. A max load with H4198 with net 3030 fps. and that just within the parameters of suggested load data. With a little load manipulation and perhaps a lighter projectile ( which could be a consideration since they are coming from a 62gr. projectile ) you can see where the speeds could be crazy fast and still have a considerably heavier round than the 5.56.

We would also see military prepped cases like the Nato cartridges annealed necks and thicker heads ( bases) and tapering thicker to thinner as it moves up the cartridge case. This would allow for greater pressures without showing stress to the cartridge as a whole. With these two simple modifications it's easier to see just how fast these projectiles could travel very easily.

Back
Top Bottom