• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

US flag at half-staff for Chavez - BOYCOTT CITGO

What choice did they have they are owned by a national oil company of Venezuela.

They had all the choice in the world. The gas company might be out of Venezuela, but the land the GAS STATION sits on is U.S. soil, and the flag is a U.S. flag. You telling me someone from Venezuela is actually going to come make sure Citgo stations are flying their American flags at half mast? And what if the station didn't, what could they do about it? More like the station owner WANTED to fly at half mast, and so complied when told to.

I haven't bought a single gallon of gas from Citgo since I found out years ago they were owned by Venezuela.

This^^^

The problem with boycotting Citgo is that you will probably hurt a lot of mom & pop gas stations - kind of like when everyone was boycotting BP after the oil spill. All that did was hurt the mom & pop BP stations, some of which went out of business. BP is still around.

You have to take a stand somewhere.

Yep, same same. A CITGO used to be the closest to my house. It was always several cents cheaper than others and I'd drive right by it. The day they switched to Exxon I walked in and personally told the owner I'd now patronize his establishment. He seemed to be glad to have rid himself of them.

Back
Top Bottom