• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Us guys love Guns & Watches lets see them!

Got to disagree here. Rolex may not be your taste (although I have no idea how anyone could call a Submariner "not good looking", even if they are a bit, cliche) but comparing them to Tag Heuer and even Breitling is little bit of an over reach. The build quality of a Rolex far exceeds that of any Tag and the general consensus of most any real watch aficionado, is that it exceeds Breitling as well and by a fair margin. I do like some of Breitling's designs, but its hard to to take any company that makes $3,000 quartz watches seriously. Most of their designs (not all) get dated very quickly. Resale is prime indicator of build quality and reliability in almost any material object. There is a reason Honda has a higher resale value than Hyundai and its has nothing to do with looks. It's hard to say a Rolex is overpriced when they hold value so well. It's one of the few watches that really are an "investment."
Its okay that we disagree. I actual agree with a lot of what you said. I defiantly said that Rolex is a high quality watch, and it holds its resale. But the majority of them IMO are plain Jane ugly. They look like they were made in the 70-80s and still run >$5K. Just can't warm up to them. Not only was the Submariner not good looking it looked and felt cheap for a $5800 used watch. Over priced and under styled. If I am going to spend $6-10K on a watch I'm buying a Montblanc. Witch will be my next purchase this year.

Lets play a game: One was made in 1970 the other in 2015
1. or 2. witch one was made in 1970?

1.)

2.)

I like this one https://www.rolex.com/watches/cosmograph-daytona/m116503-0004.html
content.rolex.com.jpg

Both submariners are awesome no matter the year.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I do like the style of the submariner, but after I bought my Oris diver I feel it has similar style, weight, movement etc so I haven't looked into expanding my watch collection in a few years because my best source of time management has moved from my wrist to the phone in my back pocket.

Back
Top Bottom