• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

VALOR RIDGE

I fell asleep last night I was pretty smoked.

Day 1 of pistolcraft.... WAS AWESOME. Pulling in and seeing the landscape of the campus itself is something most people would pay for. The area is super rich with history as well. He said he won't go mobile because the ridge is part of the experience.

There was about 3 hours throughout the day of class lecture. Which is straight amazing. IM a combat veteran and a police officer so my job dictates I have a certain mindset. Everyone minus me was a civilian and some hadn't put more than a magazine through their gun. So the history and mindset lessons were awesome. The school house itself is awesome and everything is done for a reason. The range wasn't just a mag dump after mag dump. Accuracy mattered. Day 1 firing was mostly basic stuff that was taught better than I have ever seen. I was able to take a lot from it. Including a badass way to do single hand malfunctions called an inertia bump created by Paul Gomez.

We ended by shooting small steel plates at 25 and 50. From any position. I placed 1st time hits at both from standing. Everyone in the class put hits at that distance. No one in the class didn't improve. It was kind of cool to see people start out and towards the end I would trust anyone of them with a gun and the skills to fight with it.

Day 1 was awesome. I swear it's good stuff. I've experienced bad stuff. This wasn't it. It's straight forward good training and I personally feel as if it's bargain bin priced for what you get. The lectures to me are the best part Cuz I enjoy history and I really enjoy the role firearms have played in our nation.

More to come today.

Back
Top Bottom