• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Value of my grandomther's Marlin XXX Standard 1872 engraved pistol

Well that's what's going to happen to it regardless of who owns it.
I'd display it, proudly.

Well, that's a good option. Maybe buy a glass display case. I always have all guns either on me or locked up but, even assuming you could still fine .30 rimfire ammo, it will unlikely that it would fire without blowing your hand off.

Just a suggestion but I would get a shadow box with this pistol, a picture of grandma as we as some other items that were her's. At that point display it proudly.

What modern handgun do you seek?

I found this guy who seemed to know about these...

"Y0u have as stated a Marlin ***** Standard 1972 revolver, the first of a series of 4 standard revolvers and is chambered for the .30 Rimfire cartridge. There are 4 variations of the ***** Standard 1872 Model.

The early variation has a 3 1/8" octagonal barrel while later variants had 3" round barrels. there are octagonal and round barrel variants with unfluted cylinders and round barrel variants with long and short fluted cylinders. The brass frames and steel barrels are nickel ;plated. The grips are either hard rubber with a M.F.A. Co. monogram inside a star. or rosewood. The July 1, 1873 patent date was added to the round barrel models. There were approximately 5000 manufactured between 1872 and 1887.

.30 Rimfire cartridges existed in long and short versions, the long version disappearing before WWI and the short discontinued in 1920.

Value would range between $75.00 and $750.00+ depending on condition and varition (octagonal or round barrel, unfluted, long or short fluted cylinder)."

http://www.gunvaluesboard.com/i-fou...t-july-1-1873-standard-1872-it...-286155.html

My grandmother had a pistol. A .38 special. Can't remember the maker. My dad has it now. I hope I have it one day.

Many years ago when she'd finally had enough, she chased my grandfather down the road towards the county highway shooting at him with it. I want that pistol, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom