• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Value of Russian Capture K98?

daytonlawvol

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
57   1
Reaction score
I already have a Russian Capture K98 that someone had apparently stripped the Russian red refinish and put Tru-Oil stain on it. Anywho that stock is back to how it should look with Linseed oil finish so it is a Russian capture K98 but doesnt have the prototypical Russian capture refinish.

A run of the mill Russian capture K98 has been offered to me at $325. Is the typical Russian Red refinish, is a byf 1942 with matching stock and action serial numbers but the rest is electro-penciled to match of course. Seller states that that Nazi markings still intact, frosted barrel with some slight pitting but still shoots very well.

I think $325 is a good price?

For your review

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 32
Looks like a typical RC with import mark on the end of the barrel which is preferred over the ones with it on the receiver. Can't tell from the picture but could be an early hardwood. See if the waffamps are intact and the swastikas aren't pinged on the barrel and receiver. What is the manufacturer's code on the barrel? Any more pictures?

Byf is a mauser made mauser in the observer factory. Eagles look intact, stock is laminate. Does appear that it has some pitting underneath the Russian hot blue but for the price it may be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom