• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Venison loin

Horsehat

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Doulus tou Theou
114   0
Reaction score
Dingo Dingo , I’ve taken a page from the cookbook of New Zealanders and started roasting my back strap with pumpkin, well, actually I use winter squash.
Marinated in soy sauce, garlic, chicken stock, maple syrup.
The squash tossed in olive oil, salt, Pepper, several chunks of butter. Roast the squash for about an hour til tender, sear the loin in hot cast iron, put on top of the squash for 20 minutes then rest for 10. Slice thin and cover with pan dripping. My wife would not eat venison loin til I started cooking it like this.
2E97F176-1F7B-4C10-BC90-2F62318361D4.jpeg

Dingo Dingo , I’ve taken a page from the cookbook of New Zealanders and started roasting my back strap with pumpkin, well, actually I use winter squash.
The squash tossed in olive oil, salt, Pepper, several chunks of butter. Roast the squash for about an hour til tender, sear the loin in hot cast iron, put on top of the squash for 20 minutes then rest for 10. Slice thin and cover with pan dripping. My wife would not eat venison loin til I started cooking it like this. View attachment 3036570
Oh hell yah!!

The squash tossed in olive oil, salt, Pepper, several chunks of butter. Roast the squash for about an hour til tender, sear the loin in hot cast iron, put on top of the squash for 20 minutes then rest for 10. Slice thin and cover with pan dripping. My wife would not eat venison loin til I started cooking it like this.
I’m drooling, nice and pink, just right. You obviously enjoy cooking and are good at it so try Venison Wellington, I had it in NZ, spectacular. Just beef Wellington with venison find a recipe you like and add your personal touches.

Dang Horsehat Horsehat !! That looks good sir !! :hungry:
You know better than to post something that good ..... my wife is still gone !! 120+ Days ! :p

You keep posting food pics that yummy looking, i am gonna show up to stay on yer couch !! Lol...

Seriously, I hope you and your are doing well sir ! I am still around :):)

Back
Top Bottom