verbal contract.......

Ditto on the BS. Yes, it's possible to have a verbal contract in some situations, but there are certain requirements that must be met. This story was all over the place between a civil contract dispute, criminal allegations of stolen property, etc.

I am an attorney and have to say this is the silliest bull**** story ever. Breach of contract has nothing to do with criminal law. Most a person could do is sue for the difference in cost to obtain the same item from another source. Those are actual damages. SO if you agree to sell a glock for 500 and the cheapest I could find after that is 550, then I could sue you for 50 bucks based on the "contract" formed when the transaction was agreed to. That is a standard breach of contract claim that is not complicated -- and yes oral contracts for the sale of goods are enforceable (but can be hard to prove). Emails and texts obviously make it much easier to prove and would be considered a contract by a court. There is no magic form needed to make something a "contract".

If it was a truly unique one of a kind item, then an argument could be made for specific performance of the contract, which would require a court to order you to follow thorugh on the contract and turn over the product. But that aint happening with an oridnary gun.

Back
Top Bottom