• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vertigo

coletrain

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
17   0
Reaction score
Anyone experience vertigo? It hit me suddenly and ended up in the emergency room. I feel fine now, but my balance/equilibrium is way off. They gave me medicine for it but the dizzy feeling has not gone away. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do to get over this?

Sometimes I swear I experience it but not 100% positive.
Are headaches experienced/present when happening?
Subscribed.

I had that happen to me in Iraq in 2009. I heard a pop in my ear and that's when the vertigo kicked in. It was hard to walk. It went away on its own in a few days. Sitting and resting was the only thing I did.

I’ll tell you what the doctor told my wife when she was dealing with faintness and dizziness. When you start feeling the dizzy spell coming, lay down flat and squeeze your butt muscles. (this is not a joke) it helps with getting the blood flow from your extremities, furthest from your brain, back to your brain. The meds help to keep it under control as well.

An interesting read for another type of vertigo that she talked with the dr about which is where the old saying “rocks in your head” comes from I think. Tiny crystals in your inner ear can become dislodged after head trauma. They can reposition them back in place if this type vertigo is bad enough.

Not really having a headache, just really lightheaded almost like a "drunk" feeling after turning my head to look around. I dont think I can drive and I'm having trouble getting around without holding on to something. I'm gonna lay down and squeeze now. Anything to get this feeling to go away. Reading the computer screen kinda makes it worse so I'll check back later this evening.

Thank you folks for the responses so far.

Back
Top Bottom