• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Very rude and WTF?

I get my corn directly from the elevator. $2.23 last week for 55 lb. bag (bushel). I go out to the chute, open up my bags and let it run in. Low moisture (5 - 7%) content and fresh. I then take it home and fill my feeder and seal it up.

Then, I watch the action as usually within 10 minutes of filling the feeder they come and chow down. I have lots and lots of acorns still on the ground, too, so they are at least getting a balanced diet... until the snow covers everything. After that, they only have my corn and the neighbors bushes.

I get my corn directly from the elevator. $2.23 last week for 55 lb. bag (bushel). I do out to the chute, open up my bags and let it run in. Low moisture (5 - 7%) content and fresh. I then take it home and fill my feeder and seal it up.

Then, I watch the action as usually within 10 minutes of filling the feeder they come and chow down. I have lots and lots of acorns still on the ground, too, so they are at least getting a balanced diet... until the snow covers everything. After that, they only have my corn and the neighbors bushes.
I would agree that if all other food sources are depleted that there needs to be some type of protein and mineral added to the corn. If I could find a high quality deer feed that they would eat and didn't mold as soon as it got wet, that's all I'd feed.

If you can find a farmer that picks corn instead of shelling it, try and buy some from him. You'll find that ear corn will last for weeks without molding, as opposed to shell corn on the ground, which after a rain or a couple of days is only racoon food anyway. Plus, as my scientific studies have shown, bucks will come to ear corn any time of the day or night, where they probably won't come to shelled corn at all!

So, you'd rather have a real pack of yotes hunting your property?
Back in 1950s free ranging dogs did more damage and still do alot damage to deer. You get couple dogs running together the wolf will show up in the domestic dogs are pack animals we had trouble with dogs when I was kid chasing and killing calves some where wild some not but if found them chasing cows we took care of the problem enough said

Back in 1950s free ranging dogs did more damage and still do alot damage to deer. You get couple dogs running together the wolf will show up in the domestic dogs are pack animals we had trouble with dogs when I was kid chasing and killing calves some where wild some not but if found them chasing cows we took care of the problem enough said
That's a reasonable response to that circumstance, but to promote the killing of any dog seen not wearing a collar is not.

A276FAC8-8F59-4456-98B4-304003FCE495.jpeg

Consider that a challenge! You scout the season several months before the season opens correct?? I would if I know the patterns from hunting earlier years, sit in the stand months ahead of the season...Oh with a paint gun.....When an animal other than what you are hunting, comes along pop his ass. That may slow thing down...Just my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom