Very rude and WTF?

A lot of dogs don't wear the rabies tag, but they have still had the vaccination.
If you get bit by a dog without dog tags showing that he has had a rabies shot that dog will have to be killed and it's head removed and sent to the state to find out if it has rabies, and you will have to go through the rabies shot process yourshelf. That's why I kill them all the time on my property, if the owner does not care about there dogs I damn sure dont.

If you get bit by a dog without dog tags showing that he has had a rabies shot that dog will have to be killed and it's head removed and sent to the state to find out if it has rabies, and you will have to go through the rabies shot process yourshelf. That's why I kill them all the time on my property, if the owner does not care about there dogs I damn sure dont.
That's not true. The dog will be quarantined for ten days to make sure it doesn't show any symptoms. That's it.

You're killing them for no reason.

That's not true. The dog will be quarantined for ten days to make sure it doesn't show any symptoms. That's it.

You're killing them for no reason.
No I am killing them so they don't bite my wife when she is walking. You will still have to go through the rabies shot process you can't wait ten days.

No I am killing them so they don't bite my wife when she is walking. You will still have to go through the rabies shot process you can't wait ten days.
Wrong again. Rabies can be treated successfully at any time before symptoms appear. The incubation period lasts for at least a couple of weeks.

https://www.cdc.gov/rabies/transmission/body.html

I've dealt with dog bites many times in my life, both personally and with others. No one has ever required the treatment for rabies even when the dog had not been vaccinated. If the dog is not symptomatic within ten days the person that was bitten is in the clear. If the dog does become symptomatic within ten days, it's not too late to be treated for rabies. This is specifically why the law stipulates a ten day quarantine.

Back
Top Bottom