• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Veteran's Day Specials

dougiemac

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
119   0
Reaction score
For all of those who have served or are currently serving our great country in the armed services, here are some places that want to thank you with a free or discounted meal this weekend. From my heart to yours, thank you for serving. Thank you for protecting our freedoms and our interests around the globe. For those that have served long ago, thank you for your sacrifices. For those that are currently serving, thank you for your sacrifices and come home soon safe.

Reflect on our freedoms and remember a veteran. God bless America.

1. California Pizza Kitchen -- Veterans and active military personnel have two days to choose any pie on the CPK menu, and they'll get it free, along with a non-alcoholic beverage! The special runs Sunday, November 11, and Monday, November 12, and will be open to anyone dressed in official US military uniform or anyone who can offer a military ID or other proof of service.

2. Applebee's -- It's an annual tradition at Applebee's to provide a free meal to vets and active duty military on Veteran's Day as part of their Thank You Movement. Americans can also show their pride in our troops on the restaurant website.

3. Outback Steakhouse -- Members of the military and veterans get a free Bloomin' Onion and a Coca-Cola on November 11 and 12 at the steakhouse this year. The restaurant is extending a thank-you to military families too by giving the military personnel member 10 percent off the entire guest check.

4. Golden Corral -- The annual Military Appreciation Monday at this chain is set for November 12 from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Military heroes past and present will get a free dinner buffet and beverage, and the restaurant will continue its financial support of the Disabled American Veterans organization.

5. Famous Daves -- Locations throughout the United States have a variety of offers on tap for veterans and active duty personnel. There's everything from a two-meat salute to 25 percent off your check, depending on the restaurant location.

6. Sizzler -- Get in to this chain early, and military personnel and vets get a free lunch before 4 p.m. on Monday, November 12.

7. Hooters -- If you're a fan of the wings and a member of the military (current or retired), you'll get 10 free on Sunday, November 11! The Veterans Day promotion applies only to boneless wings, and you need to buy a beverage.

A few more I came across...

Bar Louie

• Deal: Free meal up to $10 in value and a free non-alcoholic beverage.
  • Date: Sunday, Nov. 11
BD’s Mongolian Grill

• Deal: 1/2 off stir-fry
  • Date: Now through Sunday, Nov. 11
Chili's

• Deal: Free meal from a choice of seven entrees. Beverage not included.
  • Date: Sunday, Nov. 11 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Denny's

• Deal: Free all-you-can-eat pancakes.
  • Date: Monday, Nov. 12 from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Little Caesars

• Deal: Free Crazy Bread
  • Date: Monday, Nov. 12
Max & Erma's

• Deal: Free Best Cheeseburger in America Combo, which includes tortilla soup or side Caesar salad, seasoned fries, and chocolate chip cookies.
On the Border

• Deal: Mention the "Sizzling Salute to Veterans" promotion and the restaurant will donate 15 percent of your bill to Carry the Load, a non-profit military organization. Veterans who dine on Sunday will receive a coupon for a free entree up to $10 valid from Nov. 12-30.
Red Lobster

• Deal: Free appetizer
Red Robin

• Deal: Free Red’s Tavern Double and Bottomless Steak Fries
  • Date: Monday, Nov. 12
Olive Garden

• Deal: Free entree from a special menu
Tim Hortons

• Deal: Free donut
7-Eleven

• Deal: Free small slurpee
  • Date: Sunday, Nov. 11 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Reference: http://thestir.cafemom.com/food_party/145973/7_veterans_day_restaurant_freebies
Reference: http://novi.patch.com/articles/veterans-eat-free-at-several-local-restaurants-this-sunday-monday

Last edited:
Thanks DM....that is awesome!!......my boss took me to Applebee's last year.....was a nice surprise!!

No problem... however if ya ask me, I think your boss should've took you to a restaurant that wasn't offering a free meal... he shoulda paid for it. Ha!

Yea it was kind of a joke......but he was sincere in wanting me to enjoy the Veteran's day celebration. He does other free lunches for me throughout the year!

I eat at Applebbes almost every year if I can get in. Last year the line was so long I went over to Golden Corral..big mistake, the food was awful. This year I'l wait in line at Applebees, lol.

how about the Government give the Veterans the day off work instead of all Government employees and school kids! I am a Desert Storm Combat VET and have never had the day off!

hey ink daddy where ya been hiding
want to do a vet a free tat?
nam 72-78
0317 oms

got one I'd love if I wasn't so good looking and rich...............hell I got left on both Q!!@!!!!!

last time , while USMC they took me to US Embassy to cover LZ for EVAC
had nasty ass MRE/s, no wait, its spam in a can
rest of the time its been only my wife or cpl guys I met here on line , from some in Hunter and stewart

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom