• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Veterinarian's who still do ear cropping?

Cropping ears is like circumsising a baby. I myself am circ'd and its weird to have a circ'd dog walking around so I believe in cropped ears I had to do it so he has to. Just kidding I hate cropped ears on certain breeds but they do make others look sharp. Purely cosmetic provides nothing but looks and in a defensive situation opens your dogs head open to damage that the ear might have been able to take and prevent head damage. To each is own. Most old guys still do it a tip is to look for those who work on livestock not just pets.

You all banter like children... It's a public forum, anyone can post what they want. And just because someone wants to point out their opinion of how wrong or right this "art" is, doesn't mean you should jump their nuts... Just saying. PUBLIC forum

You all banter like children... It's a public forum, anyone can post what they want. And just because someone wants to point out their opinion of how wrong or right this "art" is, doesn't mean you should jump their nuts... Just saying. PUBLIC forum

Well said sir. :thumb:

I just recently purchased a Cane Corso Italian Mastiff Myself. My vet at Integrity Animal Hospital in Kingsland GA does cropping and just did my female pup. Between 12 and 14 wks is what he says. $250-$300 is the cost. 912 729 4077 is their number. He did a good job but she still had to be taped up afterwards. Be prepared for using athletic tape along with some hair extension glue to hold the tape in place because using tape alone will not work. The cutting did not hurt my pup at all. Send me a PM or email if you have any questions. I purchased my Corso from Avalanche Cane Corsos in SC they have been breeding these dogs for over 12yrs and they are great people. We intend to breed our female. We have had our female for 5wks now and she is very smart and will test you every step of the way. Our female is from imported Italian Dam and Sire. I hope you have done your homework on this breed of dog. They are not for everyone. Cane Corso for those that do not know have been in the states since the lat 1980s and they are a guardian breed and the name translates to guardian. They are natural protectors and excellent family dogs. We had her ears done because the crop looks better on her and she won't have any issues with infections in her ears due to the humidity down here. You can go to their website and print the crop you like and tell the vet what you want. The best is something like we had done, not high like a doberman but not a bear crop either. Like I said if you have any questions send me a pm.

My pup before and after:

IMG_8882.jpg
IMG_8888.jpg

Recently purchased a cane corso pup, I want to get his ears cropped, does anyone have a good vet with experience in cropping dogs ears???? This is a lost art from what I understand, vet schools no longer teach this art.

Recommendations please?

Last edited:
Original post just asked a question, I appreciate those that addressed it instead of taking the opportunity to sound off. Thanks, Atlemt

Back
Top Bottom