• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Video of Open Carrier Mandeville Shooting of Shawn Breland

I am 6'1'' 240 and if someone came after me being fully aware that I was armed I would assume malicious intent. People are ignoring that this volatile drunk mother****er was about to get in a vehicle and drive. The police were already called-but he was leaving. Is it really "not your problem" that theres a good chance this moron is going to speed off and hurt someone? Having a sense of civic duty by being able to give the authorities his plate is not being a "wannabe cop"- its being a decent human being.

at what point WOULD you have shot him? when he grabbed a bottle? when he reached for your weapon? to those who only carry concealed - at what point do you make him aware that you are armed - after round three of your imaginary fisticuffs- that ****er tried to keep coming AFTER he was shot. Is the third time he stomps on your head the time to fear for your life? I am polite and non-confrontational in public- carry mostly concealed but open if my pants are tight(see the 240 comment above) or if I damn well feel like it. I dont have a bald head and punisher tshirt - I am equally ridiculous looking with long hair and a scruffy beard - kinda like fat russel crowe mixed with hacksaw jim duggan with a little bit of moses.

I honestly dont know what I'd have done but I thought the man handled himself well- making fun of the way he's dressed is sophomoric. His decision to exercise a constitutional right being questioned on this sight is laughable. Folks stating that the aggressor was a veteran and a father....You dont have to be a good person to volunteer to shoot people for money or knock up your missus.
Ok.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

There were oh, I don't know, 1 million ways to have prevented a shooting from occurring here. Maybe once cornered and "scared for his life" it's justified but the entire situation was preventable in a variety of ways. I don't like this shooting at all and I personally would not have done so. Just because it's "justified" doesn't mean you have to do so.

Zombie fan is right on the money.
This guy didn't make any mistakes. I don't think anyone here will try to argue that, once he was cornered, the OCer's life wasn't in danger (because the aggressor was within reach of his weapon).
That being said, he did nothing but retreat after the aggressor realized he was going to write down his license plate.

To say that you wouldn't have shot in this circumstance is the same as saying you wouldn't write down the man's license plate, which I'm pretty sure most of us here would have done given the same circumstances.

If you've just read the articles and haven't watched the actual video, I suggest watching it. People who write articles love to spin stories, and even if they don't, reading it in an article can make it seem like the altercation took place over a prolonged period of time, when it was really just a few seconds.

To those that say they would have never shot, I say you are not as bad ass as you think.

The shooter/victim did everything the liberals want in a situation like this. This person was bent on hurting this man. He had size and bulk, and could have easily hurt or killed the victim with his hands or the many weapons at hand.
Intoxication does always not make one easily defeatable by a lesser fighter. Many are somewhat drunk and jacked up on dope, Much of which they cannot currently test for.
Some of this stuff is highly hallucinogenic and gives the user scary strength. At times it would take 7-8 large men to subdue one of these users.

Not sure why NOT shooting makes you "think" you are bad ass. I would not have shot when he did, period. Would it have been justified to shoot? Probably, but I wouldn't have. I know this because I've been there, in a far more dire situation in which the attacker had a knife, and I did not shoot, however I would have been completely justified in doing so. My beef is less about the shooting and more about the many of ways he could have avoided finding himself in that corner in the first place.

Not sure why NOT shooting makes you "think" you are bad ass. I would not have shot when he did, period. Would it have been justified to shoot? Probably, but I wouldn't have. I know this because I've been there, in a far more dire situation in which the attacker had a knife, and I did not shoot, however I would have been completely justified in doing so. My beef is less about the shooting and more about the many of ways he could have avoided finding himself in that corner in the first place.

At the end, he was DEFINITELY in a corner, which is why it ended how it did.

Back
Top Bottom