• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

vintage benchmade

bobbylee

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
105   0
Reaction score
I bought this knife thinking that this is a early 42 model. Does anyone know where I can get this overhaul at?

benchmade_5.jpgbenchmade_9.jpgbenchmade_10.jpgbenchmade_11.jpgbenchmade_12.jpgbenchmade_8.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I want to tighten and smooth out the action.

Last edited:
Nice find! I have a couple of "pre-Benchmade" Pacific Cutlery knives that I also wanted to have "tweaked". I could not find anyone local that worked on the older Bali's.

PC Skeleton.jpgPC Tanto #158.jpg

Have you looked on YouTube? To tighten the action all you need is a small ball peen hammer and something flat to TAP on.

Those are sweet old bali's. There is a balisong sub forum on bladeforums. Lots of guys over there that are very knowledgable about these knives.

Hey bobbylee. Something about that knife has been bothering me since you posted. I am not by any means a benchmade balisong aficionado but I have never seen that elongated hole layout on a benchmade. It reminds me of a cold steel arc angel. The other thing is the pivot pins. I've never seen protruding pivot pins on a benchmade. Either this knife is very old and probably very valuable or its not a real benchmade or the blade is real and someone redid the handles. Have you checked the pedigree on this knife? The logo looks good, the blade looks too shiney but that could be the lighting. If I was you I would make sure it was real by talking to someone on another forum where you can find gurus or talking to benchmade directly. DO NOT peen the pins until you find out. You may do damage to a valuable knife. Also when you find out please post back here to let us know what model it is.

Back
Top Bottom