• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

vintage benchmade

Hey bobbylee. Something about that knife has been bothering me since you posted. I am not by any means a benchmade balisong aficionado but I have never seen that elongated hole layout on a benchmade. It reminds me of a cold steel arc angel. The other thing is the pivot pins. I've never seen protruding pivot pins on a benchmade. Either this knife is very old and probably very valuable or its not a real benchmade or the blade is real and someone redid the handles. Have you checked the pedigree on this knife? The logo looks good, the blade looks too shiney but that could be the lighting. If I was you I would make sure it was real by talking to someone on another forum where you can find gurus or talking to benchmade directly. DO NOT peen the pins until you find out. You may do damage to a valuable knife. Also when you find out please post back here to let us know what model it is.

^X2! I PM'd you some additional information with links to Balisong catalogs and forums. The "2nd" stamped on the blade stands for "factory seconds" indicating a minor flaw in the build. This actually increases the value of most Bali's so keep researching this before doing anything rash!

did some research and with Aikibiker65 help I found out that it is a real benchmade 239. thanks for all the help. On top of that it a factory "2nd". The handles are Zamak handle with T-Latch and WeeHawk blade. Still has the factory mirror finish.

it isn't razor sharp but it will cut. she bite my thumb. bled like a stuck pig..... :(

I can't tell you how many times I cut my self manipulating the tanto blade! I don't flip to show, I just practice quick draw for defensive use in both reverse and normal grips. Mine is still razor sharp and I have never run it against a stone since I purchased it in 1985.

well consider it sold to me then boss!!

I can't tell you how many times I cut my self manipulating the tanto blade! I don't flip to show, I just practice quick draw for defensive use in both reverse and normal grips. Mine is still razor sharp and I have never run it against a stone since I purchased it in 1985.

I used to could do a couple aerials, the helix and 8 ball and a few others. I sold my Benchmade 42 right after they stopped making them for $250 and now they are like $400 I think.

I'd probably stab myself in the eye if I tried it now.

I used to could do a couple aerials, the helix and 8 ball and a few others. I sold my Benchmade 42 right after they stopped making them for $250 and now they are like $400 I think.

I'd probably stab myself in the eye if I tried it now.

Just start flipping again. You can get an inexpensive mode like bear, bradley, maybe even a ccc. Besides, you have TWO eyes.

Back
Top Bottom