Visiting Germany in August - Advice

heavyd

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Gals

My wife and I are headed to Germany at the end of August to go to a missionary friend's wedding. We are going to stay 2 weeks. This will be the first time I've ever left the US. The wedding is near Munich, so we are thinking about the following game plan.

- Fly in to Munich - Take a couple WWII walking tours, visit Dachau concentration camp
- Spend a couple days in Bavaria
- Day trip to Hitler's Eagle's Nest retreat
- Up to Berlin for a couple days
- Fly out of Berlin

I obviously enjoy WWII history.

What do our ODT Germany travelers think of my game plan? Are we missing out if we don't visit the Rhineland? Should we plan to spend a day in Salzburg, Austria?

We could fly in to Stuttgart or Frankfurt and then travel to Munich, but I'm afraid that if we pack those cities in we won't have enough time to relax and enjoy ourselves.

Guard your wife from Muslim savages. Watch out for vehicles running through crowds of people. Take a MAGA shirt/hat. Keep a ham necklace on. The list goes on and on. JK-have a great time and enjoy it. Congratulate your friends for me and tell them I appreciate them serving The real God in the land of allah.

My dad spend the last month of WWII in Germany, and when the war was over he really liked touring the place and seeing historical sights. Some of the castles are 1000 years old. I'd plan on stopping at one of the castles.
In Rothenburg, a medieval "old town" center of the city was founded in the 1200s. They have a museum of crime and punishment there. Axes and chopping blocks used for beheadings, an "iron maiden" and other instruments of torture, artifacts related to the killing of suspected witches, etc.

One thing to check on your itinerary, make sure your lodgings have A/C in your room.
They are having one of the hottest summers on record this year. Son in law is on a one year contract
and his apartment he has under lease has no A/C. Daughter and grand babies are sweating to the oldies right now. A large number of places don't have cooling in northern Europe.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom