• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

volkswagen tdi recall

Omega

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
106   0
Reaction score
I have an 09 jetta.
Anyone else got a recall model?
What are you doing about it

Any vw hater can laugh. I can still milk 45 mpg any day of the week. Just looking for a course of action

I have an 05 jetta MKIV. love it. 238k miles. just got back from towing two motorcycles to colorado and back. 30mpg with the trailer. lol.

I had planned on selling it when I got back and was in the process of getting a 2016 Golf Sportwagen SEL TDI 6speed manual when the **** hit the fan. I'm still hopeful but I am guessing that it'll be 4-5 months before they actually start selling the 2016 TDI's here.

I could care less about the EPA "scandal". all of my motorcycles are illegal (aftermarket exhaust and jetting or fuel injection tuning), so I really don't care about the diesel. No one I know with a TDI bought it because it was "clean" they bought them because they are reliable, last forever, and get great gas mileage. I always get over 40mpg even driving like an idiot. I'm sure I could get 50 if I tried. I had planned to have Malone tune mine anyway so I don't care about the "recall".

at this point I"m looking at the Audi Allroad, but if VW makes up their mind in the near future I might wait. will probably sell my jetta soon anyway but it's not part of the recall. Solid car and dependable. I still drive it every day, just not the 60k/year that I was a few years ago. :)

I have 3 or 4 friends that all have "recall" VW's. They don't really care about it.

Yup. This is really a problem between VW, the EPA, and the few treehuggers out there who's bleeding hearts are all angsty that they are actually putting out slightly more of that mean ol' carbon than they were deluded into thinking before. 99% of everyone else who is gnashing their teeth and whining are doing it because they want to get in line for a piece of the class-action settlement.

Reactions: TAG
I saw a daytime lawsuit commercial on it. From what I understand you cant transfer titles with them right now

you can buy and sell all you want. VW USA will not buy or sell TDIs (new or used) until the "recall" has been settled and they figure out what they are going to do.

The 2015+ models with adblue will just be an ECU reflash. The older models (2009-2014) I don't know what they will do. I can't see them retrofitting the adblue systems (cost, space, etc), so I don't think they can pass with the current hardware. I think they'll end up buying them back and dumping them in another market with different emissions. Big $$ issue.

I have an 02 TDI but if I were you, I would not let VW touch it. Register to get your courtesy gift card or whatever it is VW is offering, and contact Andrew Rodriguez at fixmyvw.com and order a Malone Stage 2 tune and get the Buzzken DPF delete while you are at it. If you have a DSG transmission get it tuned as well (around $500). I have driven Andrew's deleted 09 JSW with the DSG tune and it is awesome.

I'm guessing that Alex might be getting a bunch of $500 VWNA visa cards to process for the tunes in the near future. Hadn't thought of that, use their card to get a Malone tune for your car. :)

im wondering what this will do with GA emissions testing. Im wondering if you straight up wont be able to get these cars tested due to the "cheat" system and if so you no longer will be able to register them. I can see this not mattering if you live in a county like I do with zero emissions requirement but if I lived in one with it I would seriously be considering my options. And as far as the new ECU's yes that can be a fix but you better be prepared to see that great gas millage and power go down the drain.

Back
Top Bottom