• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

volkswagen tdi recall

its about more than hugging trees. My vehicle is worth a 3rd of what it was prior to this scandal. So whether you agree or not, its happening. If I wanted a ****ty vehicle that would devalue at an alarming rate, i would have bought a ford.
Oh snap! You didn't have to go there. But seriously, I don't have a clue about the recall issues and didn't think about it affecting resale value. That IS ****ed up. But the way I see it experienced VW and TDI people will understand when and if you decide to sell yours. And to me owning a TDIis kinda like what owning a Corolla or a Volvo 240 was about. By that I mean those owners weren't concerned with resale value because they all planned to get half a million miles out of their cars. So basically if you plan to drive your car until the bitter end and not have a car payment then the resale value doesn't matter at all. That's how I would view this TDI situation.

I been reading this https://www.reddit.com/r/tdi/comments/4q9sn2/everything_you_need_to_know_about_buybacks_and/

As original owner, I'm getting F.ed
Other reason I'm pissed at vw

Pull your intercooler hose. Looks at the photo.
People up North had engine failers. Its very knows issues with tdi, sludge. My engine wont start some times.
Right after warranty expire my transmission mount broke. I'm not the only guy with this issue.
Heater core known to corrode.

Attachments

• 20160129_123212.jpg
    20160129_123212.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 12
I'm still on the fence if I want to sell mine back or take the compensation deal. I bought mine this year so I would have to split it with the prior owner. Looks like VW would offer me way more than I have in the car. As soon as I got mine I tuned and deleted it. The post above about the intercooler icing is because of the egr. I took care of that problem . I love the car and think the EPA is simply trying to make an example out of VW. Oh, and the comment about Tdi's only being worth a third of what they used to be, I call BS. They have dropped in value but not that much and VW is more than compensating for the loss in value. Plenty of people are complaining that they paid close to $30k 3 years ago and are being offered $21k on a car with 75k miles. Scandal or not, you wouldn't get that kind of money selling it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

They can either take that and keep/fix the car assuming they come up with a fix or they can take the buy back.

I would probably take the money and run. There is very little point in owning a turbo diesel Volkswagen if the fix will make it drive like a Toyota corolla.

I would probably take the money and run. There is very little point in owning a turbo diesel Volkswagen if the fix will make it drive like a Toyota corolla.
I highly doubt it will neuter the car that much. My plan, if I keep it, is to put it back to stock, take it to VW for them to do their thing, then immediately turn around and delete and tune it again.

Back
Top Bottom